Make these simple DIY beauty, makeup, and skincare staples with just a few ingredients you already have in your pantry. This list of over 100 homemade DIY beauty products are simple to make, easy on your wallet, and give you that natural glow! Who knew all the ingredients to a beautiful you were tucked inside your pantry (hello, coconut oil)!
There was a time when I bought all of my beauty products at department stores. I assumed the bigger price tag meant better quality ingredients. Boy, was I wrong.
On my journey to live more naturally, I’ve discovered that both department stores and corner drugstores are filled with beauty and personal care products that are loaded with chemicals, artificial junk, preservatives, and worst of all, possible carcinogens. Check out the safety of your beauty care products on the Environmental Working Group (EWG)’s Skin Deep database.
Now I make my own beauty and personal care products, and you can too. I’ve rounded up the BEST 100+ DIY recipes for make-up, moisturizers, body scrubs, lip balms, sunscreens and much more. I’ve even got a fun section for (ahem) natural sensual products.
When you make your own beauty and personal care products, you know EXACTLY what goes into everything you make. No more chemicals. No more junk. And you’ll save money too!
100+ DIY Beauty, DIY MakeUp, & DIY Skincare Recipes and Products
DIY Beauty Products
DIY beauty, makeup, and skincare products are so easy to make at home when you have the right ingredients and the right recipe. In other words, you can make good-for-you skincare that is less expensive and so much better for you with just a few simple ingredients.
DIY Beauty Ingredients
The ingredients for at-home beauty, makeup, and skincare include natural products you probably already have in your pantry. So, below is a list of the most popular ingredients featured in the recipes, but depending on the homemade product you choose to make, the ingredients will vary.
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Cocoa Butter
- Essential Oils
Pick any one (or all 100!) of the recipes below and follow along!
The Best Essential Oils For DIY Skin Care
I have an entire guide dedicated to the best essential oils for skin care as they each offer different benefits and properties that can help transform your skin. Some of the reasons essential oils are used in DIY skin care include, helping fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, improve clarity, brighten skin, give a youthful appearance, and even help to banish blemishes.
Some of the most common essential oils used in DIY skin care include:
Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils.
From foundation to mascara, DIY Makeup is non-toxic, inexpensive, and works just as good as the store-bought varieties (if not better!).
- DIY Organic Foundation Sunscreen by Scratch Mommy
- Homemade Foundation Powder by Live Simply
- All-Natural Mascara for Longer, Stronger Lashes by Real Food RN
- All-Natural Homemade Eye Shadow by Thank Your Body
- Homemade Bronzer by Thank Your Body
- Homemade Eye Liner by DIY Natural
- Homemade Foundation by Thank Your Body
- DIY Makeup Remover by Don’t Mess with Mama
DIY Facial Care
If you’re looking for that everlasting glow, DIY beauty facial care is your best bet! Natural and moisturizing, you’ll feel the difference in a matter of days!
- DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Charcoal Peel-Off Mask by Don’t Mess with Mama
- How to Make Rose Water by Holistic Health Herbalist
- Simple Homemade Moisturizer by Live Simply
- Natural Aftershave Spray by Scratch Mommy
- DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrub for Glowing Skin by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Oatmeal Turmeric Face Mask by Karissa’s Vegan Kitchen
- Hydrating Face Mask by DIY Natural
- Homemade Vanilla Night Cream by Life Made Full
- The Oil-Cleansing Method by The Humbled Homemaker
- DIY Honey Facial Mask by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Facial Scrub by Kula Mama
- Skin Whitening Face and Body Scrub by Holistic Health Herbalist
- Firming Eye Cream by Jenni Raincloud
- Vitamin C Serum by Primally Inspired
- Homemade Facial Serum by Primally Inspired
- Honey Cleansing Method by Empowered Sustenance
- Foaming Face Wash for Radiant Skin by Homemade Mommy
- Radiant Skin Mask with Turmeric by Mommypotamus
- Honey Almond Facial Scrub by Rubies and Radishes
- Green Tea Toner for Acne-Prone Skin by Jenni Raincloud
- DIY Cooling Cucumber Mask by The Paleo Mama
- DIY Facial Toner by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Homemade Facial Lotion by Coco’s Well
- 3 Simple Remedies for Dry Skin by Holistic Health Herbalist
- Exfoliating Make-Up Remover by Holistic Health Herbalist
- Clay and Honey Face Wash for Sensitive Skin by Holistic Health Herbalist
- Homemade Skin Brightening Mask by Holistic Health Herbalist
- 2-Ingredient At-Home Microdermabrasion by Holistic Health Herbalist
- Eye Make-Up Remover by Oh Lardy!
- Homemade Whipped Coconut Oil Body Butter by The Nourished Life
- Homemade Zit Zapper by Homemade Mommy
- DIY Face Mask by Beauty and the Foodie
- Turmeric Mask by Homemade Mommy
- DIY Shaving Cream by Healy Eats Real
- Homemade Shaving Gel by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Facial Serum by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Rose-Infused Witch Hazel by Holistic Health Herbalist
DIY Dental Care
The secret to DIY dental care – baking soda! Store-bought toothpaste and mouthwash will no longer be required!
- 12 Toothpaste Alternatives by The Nourished Life
- Simple Homemade Peppermint Toothpaste by Live Simply
- 5 Homemade Toothpaste Recipes by The Humbled Homemaker
- Homemade Kids Toothpaste by Live Simply
- Homemade Toothpaste by Real Food RN
- Homemade Mouthwash by The Nourished Life
- DIY Natural Mouthwash by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Remineralizing Toothpaste by The Paleo Mama
DIY Lip Care
Beeswax is the main ingredient in many DIY beauty products for lip care. Add your favorite essential oil to up the flavor profile of your homemade lip care.
- Herbal Infused Lip Balm by Lovely Greens
- Easy Natural Lip Balm by The Coconut Mama
- DIY Peppermint Lip Balm by Hollywood Homestead
- DIY Honey and Cinnamon Lip Scrub by Hybrid Rasta Mama
- DIY Lip Balm for Just $0.24 a Tube by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Homemade Lip Scrub by Don’t Mess with Mama
DIY Personal Care
Personal care, most notably deodorant, is one of the best swaps you can make in your DIY beauty cabinet. Safe, non-toxic, and naturally homemade.
- DIY Natural Deodorant Solid (my favorite deodorant recipe) by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Homemade Deodorant (No Baking Soda Recipe) by Scratch Mommy
- DIY Foot Deodorant by Scratch Mommy
- Non-Toxic Citrus Homemade Deodorant by Real Food RN
- DIY Deodorant That Actually Works by The Healthy Maven
- Homemade Deodorant with Lavender and Lemongrass by Delicious Obsessions
- Gentle Lavender Homemade Deodorant by Hollywood Homestead
- Natural Homemade Deodorant by The Humbled Homemaker
DIY Body Care
Did you know your skin absorbs everything you put on it? DIY beauty in the form of body care is one of the best home remedies you can do for your body.
- Easy Homemade Body Butter by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Soothing Citrus Body Wash by Girl Meets Nourishment
- Homemade Boo-Boo Cream by Live Simply
- DIY Sugar Scrub with Orange and Cedarwood by Don’t Mess with Mama
- 5 Homemade Sunscreen Recipes by The Humbled Homemaker
- Easy Beginner Soap by Oh, The Things We’ll Make
- DIY Lotion Bars (great for travel) by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Tallow Balm by Hollywood Homestead
- DIY Body Wash by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Homemade Nourishing Body Wash by Live Simply
- DIY Sunscreen by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Warming Homemade Body Lotion by Holistic Health Herbalist
- Moisturizing Honey Vanilla Body Polish by Richly Rooted
- Honey Lavender Homemade Bath Melts by HappyMoneySaver
- DIY Coffee Body Scrub by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Lemon Body Scrub by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Rose Petal Body Scrub by Holistic Health Herbalist
- DIY Relaxing Bath Salts by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Lavender Rosemary Salt Scrub by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Homemade Skin Rash Cream by Kula Mama
- Homemade Salve by Live Simply
- Homemade Calamine Lotion by Real Food RN
- Homemade Soothing Skin Cream by Kula Mama
- DIY Stretch Mark Cream by Wellness Mama
DIY Hair Care
Looking for shiny and voluminous hair? DIY hair care is your best way to get there!
- DIY Dry Shampoo Powder by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Make Your Own Baby Shampoo by Real Food RN
- Rhassoul Clay for Hair by It Takes Time
- DIY Dry Shampoo for Oily Hair by Holistic Health Herbalist
- DIY All-Natural Dry Shampoo by Red and Honey
- DIY Honey Shampoo by Empowered Sustenance
- DIY Hair Detangler by Don’t Mess with Mama
- How to Wash Your Hair with Clay by Mommypotamus
- Homemade Organic Hair Pomade by Jenni Raincloud
- Rosemary Peppermint Shampoo by Homemade Mommy
- Soothing Fennel Hair Rinse for Dry, Itchy Scalp by Homemade Mommy
DIY Sensual Care
Ahem, yes, DIY sensual care is a thing and it does wonders for a woman’s libido. If you don’t believe me, try it out and see how you feel. Your hubby won’t know what got into you!
- Essential Oils for Fun in the Bedroom by Don’t Mess with Mama
- DIY Natural Lube by Little Owl Crunchy Momma
- DIY Sensual Massage Oil by Red and Honey
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Beauty & Skincare Recipes You Might Like
Did you try this Hawaiian ahi tuna poke bowl recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
Want More DIY Recipes?
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
Take a peek at what’s inside Natural Beauty Made Simple.
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.
Ooo, thank you for many good DIYs!
Manisha Saru says
I have tried some of them. Seems like I need to try more. Anyway thanks for sharing. I will definitely try them.