After you eat, do you typically reach for chewing gum or breath mints?
It can be refreshing – especially after eating a meal with garlic or onions. But have you read the nutrition labels on those packs of gum and mints?
You’ll see a ton of ingredients – including artificial colors, artificial sweeteners, and preservatives. Even natural breath mints or chewing gum can be loaded with sugar. And despite what you’ve read or heard, chewing gum is actually not good for you. There are many dangers to chewing gum – aside from the toxic ingredients in them.
Want a natural way to freshen your breath without the harsh toxins? I’ve got the simplest recipe ever – and you can customize it with your favorite flavor.
DIY Natural Breath Spray
About the Ingredients
- Peppermint essential oil has a clean, fresh and minty flavor.
- Spearmint essential oil has a minty, slightly fruit flavor that’s a little softer than peppermint.
- Cinnamon essential oil has a warm, spicy flavor.
- Small glass spray bottle (I like this one – it’s just 5 ml and small enough to carry in a purse or backpack)
- 1-3 drops of essential oil
- Distilled or filtered water
Note: I personally use 3 drops of Peppermint or Spearmint to a 5 ml spray bottle. Adjust accordingly depending on the size of the spray bottle. Start with a lower amount and gradually add 1 drop at a time. Even 3 drops of Peppermint in a 5 ml spray bottle can be too strong for some people.
Cinnamon is very strong. I use just 1 drop of Cinnamon in a 5 ml spray bottle, and still find it to have a strong flavor. Even 1 drop to a 10 ml bottle would be sufficient. Adjust according to your needs.
- Add essential oil to a small spray bottle (about 5-10 ml).
- Fill with water and use as needed. I typically use within a week.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.