I remember not long ago picking up my favorite bottle of apricot facial scrub from the drugstore. It made my skin feel so smooth. Those little microbeads exfoliated and smoothed my skin.
Little did I know that those microbeads would actually be a huge environmental hazard. You see, those microbeads go down the sink and eventually end up in lakes, rivers and oceans and soak up environmental toxins like DDT and flame retardants. The fish end up eating it, and then it ends up in our food supply when we eat that seafood.
Pretty gross, right?
You can make a facial scrub at home for cheap and with just a couple of ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
DIY Facial Scrub
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1-2 drops Frankincense essential oil (where to buy)
- 1-2 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- Mix all ingredients and store in a small jar.
- Use 1-2 tsp at a time and add water to make a paste.
- Lightly massage paste onto skin to gently exfoliate the face for a couple of minutes and rinse off.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!