Make this homemade DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub with just 2 ingredients. It’s a simple way to get a spa experience at home.
You don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars at the spa to get a spa-like experience. You can do it at home with this super simple DIY coconut Brown Sugar Scrub. It’s so luxurious on the skin – and it’ll make your skin feel so soft and moisturized. Use it as a base homemade sugar scrub recipe where you can change up the add-ons (I’ve got some suggestions below) and have fun.
The best part is that when you make your own DIY sugar scrub you’ll save a ton of money over the store-bought versions. You’ll also be able to use better quality ingredients and cut out the preservatives and artificial junk. This basic sugar scrub recipe is just TWO ingredients. Seriously, it can’t get easier than that. Just compare a store-bought sugar scrub and look at the laundry list of ingredients and chemicals. No thanks!
How to Make This DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
- Add brown sugar to glass bowl.
- Add coconut oil and essential oils (optional) and stir gently.
- Spoon into a Mason jar for storage.
How to Use This DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
Now for the fun part! When taking a bath or shower, simply scoop out the desired amount of scrub with a small spoonor spatula and exfoliate from neck to feet. Concentrate on especially dry areas like elbows and knees for really soft moisturized skin.
I love to use this scrub after washing my hands. All you have to do is scoop out a small amount and massage your hands, especially around the cuticles.
Why This DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub Works
1. Brown Sugar
Brown sugar is a natural exfoliator with small particles that makes it gentler than sea salt as a scrub and softer than regular sugar. That’s why it’s perfect for the face or sensitive skin. Brown sugar also contains glycolic acid, which is a natural alpha-hydroxl acid that helps to remove dead skin cells and promote new cell turnover – giving skin a healthy glow. It’s also hydrating and helps to keep moisture locked in and toxins out.
2. Coconut Oil
Is there anything coconut oil can’t do? I mean, it just makes this scrub so heavenly to use! If you don’t know already, coconut oil is known to deeply penetrate and moisturize even the driest of the dry skin so if you have ashy knees and elbows, coconut oil is your new best friend. Not only that, coconut oil will also nourish and rehydrate peeling cuticles as well as restore luster and plumpness to dry hands and feet.
Video Tutorial: DIY Coconut Brown Sugar Scrub
3. Fun Additions
- Margarita in a Bottle – add 3-4 drops Stress Away essential oil (made with Copaiba, Lime, Cedarwood, Lavender, Ocotea and Vanilla). It smells like a lime margarita in a bottle. Doesn’t that sound refreshing at the end of a long day? Plus, the Vanilla oil really plays up with the brown sugar and coconut in this scrub and smells amazing.
- Pumpkin Spice – add 1 drop Cinnamon Bark essential oil and 2 drops Orange essential oil to make a pumpkin spice body scrub that’s good enough to eat!
- Vanilla Sugar – add 1/2 tsp vanilla extra to make a scrumptious body scrub that smells like dessert fresh out of the oven.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.