Make your own skin-nourishing moisturizer with just 3 ingredients… argan oil and essential oils. This DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer is lightweight and non-greasy, yet it moisturizes deeply for glowing and clear skin.
For most of my life I’ve been using the wrong skin care. I stripped my skin with harsh cleaners to deal with problem spots and oil-free moisturizers – thinking oils were bad for my skin.
As I did more research, I found that oil is NOT the bad guy. In fact, our skin needs oil and absorbs it better and faster than a cream or lotion. So after much inner turmoil (20+ years of being brainwashed into thinking oil is bad for my skin will do that), I tried to use oil as my moisturizer.
And you know what? It’s AH-MAZING! I can’t believe I didn’t use oil on my face sooner. My skin now feels smooth, nourished and balanced. My cheeks are no longer bone dry. My nose and forehead are no longer oil slicks.
So what’s the secret? Finding the right carrier oil that works for you. A carrier oil is like a base oil. You can add essential oils according to your skin type with a carrier oil for a customized blend. Carrier oils are made from vegetables, nuts and even flowers – such as sweet almond, avocado, macadamia nut, apricot kernel, jojoba, sesame, hemp seed and rose hip. Each carrier oil has its own health benefits.
About the Ingredients
- Argan oil is a rare hand-pressed oil from the fruit kernels of the Moroccan Argan tree. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, carotenes and fatty acids. It absorbs quickly without an oily feel – yet it’s very hydrating and helps to balance skin. Argan oil is great for ALL skin types and the carrier oil in this recipe.
- Frankincense essential oil has used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin.
- Lavender essential oil is also great for the skin, particularly if you spend time out in the sun.
Can You Use Other Oils?
I get this question a lot and the answer is YES! In place of the argan oil (which is the carrier oil in this recipe), you can use rosehip seed oil, almond oil, avocado oil, apricot seed oil, or jojoba oil. I’ve even used a combination of these depending on my skin and the season – for instance, when it’s summer I like to mix jojoba and argan or almond oil together. Jojoba is very good for oily or combination skin.
You can also use other essential oils. Lavender and Frankincense are the two best for all skin types. But you can add other essential oils including, Tea Tree (clarifying), Helichrysum (nourishing), or Carrot Seed (sun protection). Just be sure the total you add to the 2 oz bottle is no more than 25-30 drops of essential oil total.
How to Make This DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer
It’s pretty easy to make this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer. Just add essential oils to a glass dropper bottle and then fill with argan oil. Screw on the dropper top and then shake well. That’s it and you can start using it right away.
How to Use this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer
Use this facial oil moisturizer morning and night after you cleanse the skin. I use this DIY Face Wash, followed by this DIY Facial Toner, and then this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer. Use 4-6 drops for each use, or more as needed.
Just one 2 oz bottle should last about 2-3 months, perhaps even longer depending on how much you use.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE online webinars all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you!
More DIY Recipes You Might Like
- DIY Hair Detangler Spray (with a printable label)
- DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrub for Glowing Skin
- 10 Homemade Natural Skin Care Recipes
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
Make your own skin-nourishing moisturizer with just 3 ingredients: argan oil and essential oils. This DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer is lightweight and non-greasy, yet it moisturizes deeply for glowing and clear skin.
Add essential oils to glass dropper bottle.
Fill glass dropper bottle with argan oil.
Screw dropper top on. Shake well. Store in a cool, dry spot.
Use morning and night after each facial wash, or as needed. I find about 4-6 drops is enough to moisturize my skin.
I find that 2 oz of this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer lasts me about 2-3 months with daily use, twice a day (morning and night). I use about 4-6 drops for each use.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.