Make your own skin-nourishing moisturizer with just 3 ingredients… argan oil and essential oils. This DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer is lightweight and non-greasy, yet it moisturizes deeply for glowing and clear skin.
For most of my life I’ve been using the wrong skin care. I stripped my skin with harsh cleaners to deal with problem spots and oil-free moisturizers – thinking oils were bad for my skin.
As I did more research, I found that oil is NOT the bad guy. In fact, our skin needs oil and absorbs it better and faster than a cream or lotion. So after much inner turmoil (20+ years of being brainwashed into thinking oil is bad for my skin will do that), I tried to use oil as my moisturizer.
And you know what? It’s AH-MAZING! I can’t believe I didn’t use oil on my face sooner. My skin now feels smooth, nourished and balanced. My cheeks are no longer bone dry. My nose and forehead are no longer oil slicks.
So what’s the secret? Finding the right carrier oil that works for you. A carrier oil is like a base oil. You can add essential oils according to your skin type with a carrier oil for a customized blend. Carrier oils are made from vegetables, nuts and even flowers – such as sweet almond, avocado, macadamia nut, apricot kernel, jojoba, sesame, hemp seed and rose hip. Each carrier oil has its own health benefits.
DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer
About the Ingredients
- Argan oil is a rare hand-pressed oil from the fruit kernels of the Moroccan Argan tree. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, carotenes and fatty acids. It absorbs quickly without an oily feel – yet it’s very hydrating and helps to balance skin. Argan oil is great for ALL skin types and the carrier oil in this recipe.
- Frankincense essential oil has used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin.
- Lavender essential oil is also great for the skin, particularly if you spend time out in the sun.
- Carrot seed oil can be added to this blend to provide natural sun protection.
- 2 oz. Argan oil
- 15 drops of Frankincense oil (where to buy)
- 10 drops of Lavender oil (where to buy)
- 5-10 drops of Carrot Seed oil (optional – where to buy)
- Add Frankincense, lavender and carrot seed oil to a bottle of Argan oil. Store in a cool, dry spot.
- Use morning and night after each facial wash, or as needed. I find just 1-2 pumps (about 3-6 drops) is enough to moisturize my skin.
More DIY Recipes You Might Like
- DIY Hair Detangler Spray (with a printable label)
- DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrub for Glowing Skin
- 10 Homemade Natural Skin Care Recipes
Did you try this DIY Facial Oil Moisturizer? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how you like the recipe. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.