Want glowing skin? Make this DIY exfoliating facial scrub with oats and almonds. It helps to reduce blackheads and even out skin texture too. And best of all… it’s made with just 3 ingredients.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure.
Over the last year years, I’ve been on a natural skin care journey that’s taken me from buying expensive, department-store brand skin care (that used to cost me a small fortune yet did little to improve my skin issues) to making my own DIY skin care that’s given me glowing skin.
And when I say I struggled with skin issues I mean I really struggled… like adult acne for most of my life. So I’ve been there and shared my favorite natural acne remedies here. Cleaning up my diet and getting toxins out of my home (check out my free non-toxic home webinar) helped a lot – like solved about 80% of the problem.
But there was still 20% that I had to deal with and those department store brands weren’t helping. That’s when I decided to go natural with my skincare. And now my skin is literally glowing… and more importantly no more acne and blackheads thanks to this DIY Oatmeal Almond Facial Scrub.
Natural Beauty Made Simple
Do you want your skin to look better than it has in years?
Do you want to save hours and hours of time to get natural skincare recipes that work?
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
Why this DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrub works?
This DIY facial scrub is made with oatmeal and almonds. Oatmeal is a mild and soothing exfoliant. It’s great if you have sensitive skin. Almonds are high in antioxidants and vitamin E, which is amazing for the skin. Almonds also work really well to slough off dead skin cells, make-up, dirt and grime build-up that can cause blackheads and clogged pores. In fact, many of the facial scrubs in the drug store are made with ground almonds.
In addition, you can add Frankincense essential oil, which has been used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin. And Lavender essential oil, which is excellent for soothing irritated skin or redness.
How to make this DIY Exfoliating Scrub?
This recipe is so simple to make. Just add old-fashioned oats and raw almonds to a coffee grinder, blender or food processor and finely grind. You want the texture to be fine and smooth – almost like baking soda.
You can add essential oils to this recipe to give it a power boost to help support the skin. My two favorites are Lavender (which helps to soothe skin and redness) and Frankincense (which is great for wrinkles and aging skin).
DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrub
- With a coffee grinder, blender or food processor, ground oatmeal until it's a fine powder. Pour out into a bowl.
- Next ground almonds until it's a fine powder as well and pour out into the same bowl as the oatmeal.
- Mix together ingredients (add essential oils) and stir well. Place in a clean, dry container.
- To use, scoop out 2 tsp of oatmeal/almond powder into the palm of your hand and add enough water to make a soft paste. Spread the mixture on your face and gently massage into the skin for 1-2 mintues. Rinse well with warm water.
How often should use this DIY Facial Scrub?
Ideally, use it 3-4 times a week. Start at 1-2 times a week and build up to every other day or so. This will help to keep your pores clean and clear. Make sure you wash your face before you use this facial scrub. Here’s my favorite DIY Facial Wash recipe.
When you’re ready to use this DIY Exfoliating Facial Mask, just add 2 teaspoons of the scrub power to the palm of your hand and then add a little water to make a paste. Spread the mixture on your face and gently massage into the skin for 1-2 minutes. Rinse well with warm water.
Follow up with this DIY Facial Serum to lock in the moisture and deliver vitamin A and essential-fatty acids to the skin to make it glowing and supple.
More DIY Recipes You Might Like
Did you try this DIY Exfoliating Facial Scrub? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.