Hi, I’m Tracey. Welcome to Don’t Mess with Mama.
Join me to stand up against junk food, overly processed meals and artificial ingredients. I’ll show you how to cook wholesome, gluten free (and grain free) meals with real food ingredients – like raw dairy, organic and local produce and pastured meat and eggs – to nourish your family. I’ll even share health news and tips about the important role nutrition plays in our lives.
You’ll also find my favorite DIY and homemade recipes for beauty, personal care and cleaning products to help you ditch the chemical toxins for good. Most of my DIY recipes feature essential oils (find out why).
What is Don’t Mess with Mama?
This is a personal journey for me. Both my husband and oldest son have battled health issues for years without a real answer from conventional medicine. No one took their health issues seriously. But a mother (and wife) knows in her gut when something is wrong.
That’s what Don’t Mess with Mama is all about. Moms are fierce when it comes to their kids and their families. Don’t mess with the mama bear, right?
Trust your gut. Ask questions. Stand up for your kids and your family. Question when you know something isn’t right.
Read more about why my family became gluten free and some of the health struggles we’ve been through. A gluten-free diet with a focus on real, wholesome ingredients (no processed foods) has been key for our recovery.
More About Me
I LOVE to teach classes on how to use essential oils. Most of my classes are in Southern California – particularly in San Diego, Carlsbad and Encinitas areas. Want to attend a local or online class? Find out more here.
Oh, and I also like punk rock, bacon and farmers markets – not always in that order.
Work With Me
Want to work with me? Check out my press kit for more information and press appearances.
Books + Courses
Natural Beauty Made Simple comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
Instant Pot Recipes Made Simple is all about how to make healthy, one-pot meals with your Instant Pot. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll get:
- Tried-and-true recipes the whole family will love – including pot roast, spaghetti, tacos, carnitas, soups, and easy breakfast meals
- Instant Pot starter guide on how to use the buttons, tips and tricks, and more
- Printable shopping lists for ingredients
- Step-by-step video lesson on how to use your Instant Pot, pressure cooker safety, and some of my favorite tips and tricks
- Two-week meal plan that you can put into action for no-stress weeknight dinners
New to gluten-free living? Check out Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Here at Don’t Mess with Mama, you’ll find lots of tips on how to cook delicious gluten-free (and grain-free) meals for your family – as well as tips on natural living, DIY and how to live more green.
Here’s where you can find me online:
Got a question or comment? I’d love to hear from you. Please use my contact form or email firstname.lastname@example.org.