After a long week the number one thing I love to do is soak in a bath. But not just a plain bath. I use these DIY Lavender Bath Salts. They are so simple to make, but first let’s talk about why you want to avoid store-bought bath salts.
Have you ever gone to the mall and stepped into one of those bath and body stores? They’re hard to resist. It can be fun to go through and test out all those bath and body products. But here’s the thing… most of them are full of toxic chemicals. Look at the ingredients list and and you’ll find a laundry list of ingredients you likely can’t even pronounce.
Ditch those chemicals and make your own DIY Lavender Bath Salts instead. It’s so easy – it takes just a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen or pantry.
DIY Lavender Bath Salts
About the Ingredients
- Lavender essential oil – helps to soothe skin and promotes relaxation, like you’ve been transported to a luxurious spa
- Carrier oil – helps to disperse essential oil evenly to bath and moisturizes skin
- Epsom salt – helps to deliver magnesium to the body through the skin and soothes tired muscles
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 2 tbsp of your favorite carrier oil (sweet almond, jojoba, apricot kernel, olive oil)
- 10-15 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- In a medium-sized glass mixing bowl, add Epsom salt and carrier oil and mix well. Do not use plastic (the essential oils will absorb into the bowl).
- Add essential oils and mix again.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
Bigstockphoto.com / annajacek
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!