After a long day, soak in a relaxing bath with these homemade DIY Lavender Bath Salts. Made with just 3 ingredients that help to soothe tired muscles.
After a long week the number one thing I love to do is soak in a bath. But not just a plain bath. I use these DIY Lavender Bath Salts. They are so simple to make, but first let’s talk about why you want to avoid store-bought bath salts.
Have you ever gone to the mall and stepped into one of those bath and body stores? They’re hard to resist. It can be fun to go through and test out all those bath and body products. But here’s the thing… most of them are full of toxic chemicals. Look at the ingredients list and and you’ll find a laundry list of ingredients you likely can’t even pronounce.
Ditch those chemicals and make your own DIY Lavender Bath Salts instead. It’s so easy – it takes just a few simple ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen or pantry.
DIY Lavender Bath Salts
About the Ingredients
- Lavender essential oil – helps to soothe skin and promotes relaxation, like you’ve been transported to a luxurious spa
- Carrier oil – helps to disperse essential oil evenly to bath and moisturizes skin
- Epsom salt – helps to deliver magnesium to the body through the skin and soothes tired muscles
How to Make These DIY Lavender Bath Salts
2. Add Lavender essential oil and mix again.
3. Store in an airtight glass container.
How to Use These DIY Lavender Bath Salts
Add bath salts to a warm bath and soak for at least 20 minutes to get the full benefit of the epsom salts and the Lavender essential oil. Use this DIY Body Salt Scrub to exfoliate the skin while taking a bath.
Make DIY Gifts for Family and Friends
Make a big batch of this DIY body scrub to give as gifts for the holidays, birthdays, new neighbors and even teacher gifts. Get of 12 pint-sized Mason jars with a wide mouth and fill each one with this DIY Body Salt Scrub and then tie a cute ribbon to the jar. Voila! 12 DIY gifts made in less than 30 minutes.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Recipes You Might Like
DIY Lavender Bath Salts
- In a medium-sized glass mixing bowl, add epsom salt and carrier oil and mix well. Do not use plastic (the essential oils will absorb into the bowl).
- Add essential oils and mix again.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
- To use, add 1 cup of bath salts to a bath. Soak for at least 20 minutes.
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / anna_bortnikova