I don’t know about you, but my skin can be so sensitive. In the spring and summer, I’m out in the sun a lot and my lips get dry. In the fall and winter, the air gets cooler and sure enough my lips get dry. It’s like no matter what time of year… my lips get dry. Can you relate?
That’s why I use this DIY Lip Scrub. It helps to naturally exfoliate, moisturize and soothe my lips. And best of all, it’s so easy to make… and made with simple ingredients you probably have in your pantry. Because this DIY Lip Scrub is made with real food ingredients, kids and teens can use this recipe too. There are no additives or preservatives.
About the Ingredients
- Brown sugar is a natural exfoliator. It will help to remove dead skin cells and promote new cell turnover.
- Raw honey helps to restore moisture and supports skin health.
- Coconut oil helps to provide moisture and acts like a lubricant to make the brown sugar exfoliate easier on the lips.
- Lavender essential oil helps to moisturize and soothe sensitive skin. Just be sure you’re using an essential oil that’s high quality as this will be going on your lips (where to buy).
- Melt coconut oil over low heat on the stove, if it’s in a solid form.
- Add all remaining ingredients together in a small bowl and mix well.
- Store in a small glass jar for about a week.
- When ready to use apply about 1-2 tsp of the scrub to the lips.
- Let the scrub sit on the lips for about 1 minute, then gently wash off with warm.
- Exfoliate lips 2-3 times a week.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!