Love coffee? Don’t throw those coffee grounds out in the trash. Reuse them! You can make your own DIY Coffee Body Scrub to smooth skin and help to get rid of cellulite.
What?! Yep, you read that right.
Scrubbing the skin with coffee grounds can actually help to improve circulation and dilate the skin, so the appearance of cellulite is less noticeable. Coffee itself also contains antioxidants that help to increase collagen production. In addition, coffee grounds can help to exfoliate the skin to help slough off dead skin cells and make skin look radiant and smooth.
So here’s the thing – coffee ground alone here and there won’t get rid of cellulite. Regular dry skin brushing (learn more about the 7 benefits of dry skin brushing and a tutorial on how to do it) at least once a day, plus this DIY Coffee Body Scrub in the shower with a body brush once a day will help you get the most improvement in the appearance of cellulite on the skin.
Easy peasy, right?
Well, let me show you how to make your own DIY Coffee Body Scrub with ingredients you already have in your kitchen.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my baking supplies like brown sugar, coconut oil, Epsom salt, etc. either on Amazon or my local health food store usually.
Did you try DIY Coffee Scrub? Don’t forget to rate it and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
DIY Coffee Body Scrub
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds fresh is best
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or your favorite carrier oil
- 1 tbsp Epsom salt optional
- Add all ingredients together in a small jar.
- In the shower, wet the skin, and then scoop out a small amount and massage the skin with a body brush. Start from the feet and massage in circular motions, going up the legs.
- Reapply scrub as needed and keep massaging the skin in circular motions going upwards. Pay special attention to the thighs and butt area.
- Let sit on the skin for a minutes, and then rinse off in the shower.
- Coffee grounds contain caffeine, which helps to dilate the skin so cellulite is less noticeable.
- Brown sugar works together with the coffee ground to gently exfoliate the skin.
- Coconut oil is the carrier oil for this scrub. It massages well into the skin and will leave skin feeling luxuriously moisturized.
- Epsom salt helps to exfoliate the skin and provides a dose of magnesium to the body through the skin.
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto / Magdalena Paluchowska
Reference: Good Housekeeping
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.
Once made, how long will it last? I’m thinking of making for Xmas gifts
Tracey Black says
There’s no water in it so it should keep for at least a month or two. So wait until you get closer to the holidays to make it.