Low carb and craving comfort breakfast food? Make this Low-Carb Keto French Toast with just a few ingredients. The whole family will love it and not even know it’s low carb. Top with your favorite fixings like berries, shredded coconut, chopped nuts or nut butter.
On weekends, there’s nothing my family loves more than comfort breakfast food like French Toast. It’s so easy to make and can serve a crowd with a fixings bars – like shredded coconut, chopped nuts, fresh fruit and even crumbled bacon. Even those who aren’t low carb won’t be able to tell because the bread in this recipe is so yummy.
What Bread to Use
This Low-Carb Keto Bread is perfect for this recipe. It’s made with almond flour, butter and cream cheese. I use it all the time when I’m trying to avoid carbs but still want to enjoy my favorite carb dishes like French Toast. This is the actual bread I used for this recipe.
This Paleo Sandwich Bread (made with cassava flour and raw honey) and Gluten-Free Bread (made with gluten-free flour and definitely not low carb) work well too. Both are higher in carbs so just take that into consideration if you’re avoiding carbs.
How to Make This French Toast
1. Gather ingredients together. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add 2 tbsp butter to the pan and let it melt.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1/4 cup heavy cream and 1 tsp cinnamon.
3. Dredge a slice of Keto bread into the mixture and add to the pan. Repeat to cook 3-4 slices in the pan at once.
4. Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side. Make sure it does not burn. You do not want to cook this on high. Repeat for all slices. Let the finished pieces cool on a wire baking rack to avoid it getting soggy while you cook the remaining pieces.
5. Remove from heat and serve it up on a plate with fresh berries or your favorite toppings.
Ways to Serve Up This French Toast
- Top with butter and chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts
- Top with fresh fruit that is lower in carbs like blueberries or raspberries
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top
- Add a dollop of nut butter
- Add a few strips of bacon on top and a sprinkle of salt
Top Tips to Make This Keto French Toast
- Have all your ingredients set up and ready to go.
- Get your skillet to medium heat so the French Toast cooks evenly in the pan.
- Let the finished pieces cool on a wire baking rack to avoid it getting soggy while you cook the remaining pieces.
- Top with your favorite fixings like fresh berries, nut butter,
More Recipes You Might Like
Low-Carb Keto French Toast
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large skillet
- Tongs or spatula
- Gather ingredients together. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add 2 tbsp butter to the pan and let it melt.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, heavy cream and cinnamon.
- Dredge a slice of Keto bread into the mixture and add to the pan. Repeat to cook 3-4 slices in the pan at once.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side. Make sure it does not burn. You do not want to cook this on high. Repeat for all slices.
- Remove from heat and serve it up on a plate with fresh berries or your favorite toppings.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.