Going low carb? You can still enjoy bread with this easy recipe. In less than an hour, you can get this Low-Carb Keto Bread on the table ready to enjoy with butter, nut butter or in your favorite sandwich.
Why Almond Flour
Almond flour is a grain-free, low carb flour that’s a great substitute for wheat flour in baking and cooking.
If you’re looking for an alternative to almond flour, try this Paleo Sandwich Bread recipe made with cassava flour.
What Sweetener to Use
Stevia is my preferred low-carb sweetener – both liquid or powdered. You can also use Swerve granulated sugar (substitute 1 tbsp) or if you’re not low-carb coconut sugar or even raw honey (1 tbsp).
How to Make This Keto Bread
1. Gather ingredients together. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine dry ingredients (1.5 cups almond flour, 2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt) in a bowl.
3. With a hand mixer, combine 4 tbsp room temperature butter and 6 drops Stevia (or 1 tbsp Swerve granulated sugar or if not low carb 1 tbsp coconut sugar).
4. Add 4 oz cream cheese to the mixture (make sure it is room temperature you do not want to use it cold out of the fridge). Add 4 eggs (one by one) to the mixture until smooth.
5. Mix in the dry ingredients and blend for a minute as you want to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Bake in loaf pan (9×5) for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Check on it starting at the 25 minute mark.
7. Once done, let cool for 15-20 minutes.
8. Cut loaf into 8-10 slices and enjoy.
Ways to Serve Up This Low-Carb Bread
- Toast bread and serve with butter or nut butter.
- Make a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Top with a slice of tomato and slice of mozzarella cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Toast and top with mashed avocado and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Enjoy with your favorite sandwich fixings like deli meat, cheese, lettuce, sprouts, and sliced tomatoes.
Top Tips to Make This Keto Bread
- Be sure to pre-heat the oven.
- Use room temperature butter and cream cheese.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Allow bread to cool for at least 20-30 minutes before cutting.
More Recipes You Might Like
Easy Low-Carb Keto Bread
- Mixing bowl
- Hand mixer
- Parchment paper
- Loaf pan
- Gather all ingredients together. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- With a hand mixer, combine the butter and Stevia.
- Add cream cheese to the mixture (make sure it is room temperature you do not want to use it cold out of the fridge). Add eggs (one by one) to the mixture until smooth.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and blend for a minute as you want to make sure all ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake in loaf pan (I used 9x5) for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Check on it starting at the 25 minute mark.
- Once done, let cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Cut loaf into 8-10 slices.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.