Baking a gluten-free banana bread is much easier than you think. The secret is the all-purpose gluten-free flour mix
My family is addicted to this Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe. I get requests to make it every weekend. I prefer to bake the banana bread in mini pans. I find that the ingredients hold up better – and there’s the perfect mix of a moist center with firmness on the edges.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 2 cups of all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs or egg replacer equivalent (I typically use Ener-G)
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar (organic sucanat or raw organic sugar also work)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add all other wet ingredients and mix until sticky. Don’t over mix.
- Bake in cast iron for 60-70 min (bake at 60 min in 2 mini pans or 70 min in a regular loaf pan)
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!