Learn how to make your own all-purpose gluten free flour recipe that’s so versatile it can be used for cooking, baking, frying and more.
Going gluten free in our household has definitely been a journey – especially with baking. We’ve tried so many concoctions – mixing various flours and ingredients – and now I finally feel like we have it figured out.
This gluten free flour recipe can be used for baking and cooking (I make a yummy gluten-free chicken nuggets). But there’s a little to learn first about the different types of flours available.
Gluten-Free Girl has a ton of information on the different types of gluten-free flours available. She also explains how to follow the 40/60 ratio – 40% grain flour + 60% starchy flour – to get the right consistency that’s similar to a gluten flour.
If I’m baking something really moist like pumpkin or banana bread, I recommend using mini loaf pans rather than regularly sized loaf pan with gluten free flour. I find that mini pans work well for giving breads a moist center and firm outer layer – which is perfect for all breads really but especially for pumpkin or banana bread.
How to Make This Gluten Free Flour Mix Recipe
Learn how to make your own all-purpose gluten free flour recipe that's so versatile it can be used for cooking, baking, frying and more.
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour as needed
- 1.5 cups tapioca flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 cup potato flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum as needed
- Mix all ingredients together and store in an airtight reusable container with a lid.
- Add 1-2 tsp of xanthan gum to every 1 cup of All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Mix to help bind ingredients together.
- Add a tbsp of coconut flour to a recipe when baking moist breads like pumpkin or banana breads to soak up some of the moisture.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
More Gluten Free Recipes
- Grain-Free Cheese Crackers Recipe
- Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes
- 25 Gluten-Free Pizza Recipes (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan Options)
- 50+ Gluten-Free Asian Recipes – Chinese, Korean, Thai, Indian & Mo
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / baibaz
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.