This Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread recipe features real food ingredients including organic nuts and pumpkin. It’s also refined sugar free. A healthy treat.
When the weather cools down, there is something so cozy about pumpkin bread. I have a Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread recipe with dried cranberries and chopped walnuts that tastes absolutely amazing. And the best part? It’s made without refined sugar and there’s an egg free option.
This Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread is the perfect treat in a lunchbox, after school or even as a dessert for the whole family. My kids will literally devour an entire loaf, so be sure to make a few extra loaves – which are great to do anyway to store in the freezer.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread Is Healthy
There are no preservatives or artificial junk in this recipe, so the shelf life on this recipe is about a couple of days. It won’t last that long anyway – trust me, your family will gobble it up. But if you plan to be away from home, then just store it in the freezer.
- If you don’t have coconut flour, just use gluten-free flour.
- I added the coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture of the pumpkin puree, but it’s fine without the coconut too. I also prefer to bake these in mini bread pans. I find that the ingredients hold up better – and there’s the perfect mix of a moist center with firmness on the edges.
Check out my post on 50+ Gluten-Free and Grain-Free Healthy Breakfast Ideas. You won’t find sugary snacks or pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches here – just simple, homemade breakfast meals with real food ingredients, no refined sugars and no artificial anything.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Super Easy Turmeric Latte Recipe (Golden Milk Drink)
- Gluten-Free French Toast Casserole with Blueberries
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp organic coconut flour
- 1 tsp organic baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs or egg replacer equivalent I typically use Ener-G
- 1 cup organic coconut sugar organic sucanat or raw organic sugar also work
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp organic ground ginger
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup organic pecans
Pre-heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Beat eggs together and then add to the dry ingredients.
- Add all other wet ingredients and mix until sticky. Don’t over mix.
- Pour into greased (use or butter) loaf pan and bake for 70 minutes (for a regular loaf pan) or 50-55 min (for mini loaf pans).
Equipment & Tools
- If you don't have coconut flour, just use gluten-free flour.
- I added the coconut flour to absorb some of the moisture of the pumpkin puree, but it's fine without the coconut too. I also prefer to bake these in mini bread pans. I find that the ingredients hold up better - and there's the perfect mix of a moist center with firmness on the edges.
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids. I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives. All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / Ildi Papp
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.