Clean tubs, tile, sinks and other surfaces with this homemade DIY Soft Scrub Cleaner. Made with just 3 simple ingredients you already have in your kitchen, this soft scrub cleans, degreases, and whitens bathrooms and kitchens without any toxic ingredients.
There’s one spot in my house that ALWAYS gets stained: the kitchen sink. It could be the chai teas and coffee. Or the cocoa powder I use for homemade hot cocoa. In any case, my white kitchen sink is rarely ever really white. Enter soft scrub cleaners.
I refuse to resort to bleach or other toxic, chemical soft scrubs. But then I found out an easy-to-make soft scrub cleaner. It’s made with just two ingredients: baking soda and Lemon essential oil (how to order). The stains just lifted right out and my sink looks nearly new.
The kitchen sink isn’t the only place I use this DIY Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner. I also use it on counter tops, stove tops (yep, it’s great for that grease grime), ovens, tile, grout, bathroom tubs, shower stalls, toilets, and so much more.
Baking soda is a fantastic base for this recipe. It’s a gentle, natural abrasive that will lift dirt and grime without scratching. It’s used in most commercial soft scrub cleaners – which also have a long list of harsh chemical cleaners too. Baking soda and water alone work well as a DIY soft scrub, but the secret ingredient is lemon essential oil. Yep, you read that right. Lemon essential oil is like a natural goo and gunk cleaner. It helps to lift stains like nothing else and combined with baking soda, it makes an amazing (and cheap) DIY Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner that’s great for almost any cleaning job.
How to Use This DIY Soft Scrub
You can use this DIY Soft Scrub in kitchens, bathrooms, tubs, tile, floors, countertops, ovens, microwaves, kitchen appliances, etc. It’s really versatile, yet doesn’t contain any toxic ingredients.
Just apply the paste directly to stained area and scrub until stains are gone. You can even add a few extra drops of Lemon essential oil to the surface for an extra boost to lift stains and gunk.
How to Make DIY Soft Scrub Cleaner
This DIY Soft Scrub Cleaner is made with just 3 ingredients: baking soda, water and Lemon essential oil. You could use it without the essential oil but you might need to put some extra elbow grease into cleaning. The Lemon essential oil is the secret ingredient to remove caked on gunk and lift stains. Both help to whiten and brighten surfaces too.
About the Ingredients
- Baking soda is a gentle abrasion that helps to lift dirt, gunk and grime from surfaces. It naturally polishes and whitens too.
- Lemon essential oil is very effective in cleaning dirt and grime. It’s a natural degreaser and goo gone remover, so it works well on tough stains on tubs, tile, and other surfaces, and it naturally whitens.
This homemade soft scrub cleaner is really easy to make. In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp baking soda to 1-2 tbsp water to make a thick paste. Add more baking soda or water to adjust the consistency. Add 5 drops Lemon essential oil and mix well. Apply paste directly to stained area and scrub until stains are gone.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Recipes
- DIY Natural Household Cleaner
- Homemade Foaming Hand Soap
- Homemade Toilet Fizzies
- DIY Reusable Cleaning Wipes
DIY Soft Scrub Cleaner
- Mix baking soda with water in a small bowl to make a thick paste. You may need to add more baking soda or water to adjust the consistency to a paste.
- Add lemon essential oil and mix well.
- Apply paste directly to stained area and scrub until stains are gone.
7-Day Decluttering Challenge
Looking for more ways to declutter your home? Join my FREE 7-Day Decluttering Challenge! You’ll get a free printable workbook you can use to declutter for good.
I’ll go more in-depth on how to declutter every room in your home, including bedrooms, living and family rooms, closets, and bathrooms.
I’ll also show you how to deal with the emotions that often come up when you’re decluttering and simple strategies you can use to overcome them.
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / Geo-grafika