Make your own DIY natural household cleaner with just a few ingredients. It’s so easy to make and costs just pennies compared to store-bought cleaners.
Did you know convention household cleaners are loaded with toxic chemicals? That’s why I prefer to make my own DIY natural household cleaner. It’s so easy to make and WAY cheaper. Let me explain…
How to Clean Your Home Naturally
The next time you walk through a drug store or big box store like Target check out the household cleaners section. You’ll be overwhelmed at all the choices – even with the so-called natural cleaners. Here’s the thing – you actually DON’T need those harsh, toxic chemicals to clean your home. In fact, when it comes to cleaning – simpler is better. Check out my blog post 7 Toxic Household Cleaners to Avoid + The Problem with “Natural” Store-Bought Cleaners to learn more.
You probably already have most of the ingredients you already need to clean your home naturally, such as vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and liquid castile soap. In fact, this recipe calls for just 3 ingredients. You can’t get much simpler than that. And to top it off – this recipe will literally cost you pennies compared to those natural cleaners you’ll find in the stores.
And if you’re not into DIY, I have another option for you that will cost less than a dollar a bottle. Learn more about Thieves Household Cleaner.
How to Make This DIY Natural Household Cleaner
Ready to learn how to make your own DIY Natural Household Cleaner? Check out this easy recipe and tutorial.
About the Ingredients
- Liquid castile soap is a coconut-based soap that is non-toxic and non-irritating. It’s the natural cleaning agent in this recipe that’s mild, yet super effective.
- Thieves essential oil provides an all-natural fragrance without harsh chemicals. It’s also very effective in cleaning dirt and grime. For an extra cleaning boost, add a few drops of Lemon essential oil too. I only use Young Living essential oils for my baby. These are therapeutic-grade, organic essential oils.
Make your own DIY natural household cleaner with just a few ingredients. It's so easy to make and costs just pennies compared to store-bought cleaners.
Add liquid castile soap and essential oils to spray bottle.
Fill with water and shake well.
Use as needed.
This DIY Natural Household Cleaner is great for spraying down counters, stove tops, kitchen cabinets, dining tables and chairs, bathroom counters, and even toilets. It's my go-to household cleaner. Use it with a reusable kitchen cloth to save on paper towels.
More DIY Recipes
- DIY Natural Household Cleaner
- Homemade Foaming Hand Soap
- Homemade Toilet Fizzies
- DIY Reusable Cleaning Wipes
1. Formula 409, Guide to Healthy Cleaning, EWG.
Sign up to get a FREE copy of my e-book, The Essential Home: Quick Start Guide to DIY - available exclusively to subscribers.
You'll also get weekly updates with the latest DIY tutorials, natural health tips, and real food recipes.