Need to unwind but don’t have time to take a bath? You’ll love these Lavender DIY Shower Melts. You’ll be able to relax with aromatherapy while enjoying a regular shower.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make DIY Shower Melts. They’re inexpensive to make and you probably already have the ingredients in your kitchen. For these Shower Melts, you’ll need Lavender essential oil but you can customize the scent with your favorite essential oils too.
What Are Shower Melts?
If you prefer a shower to a bath, shower melts are a great option. They’re made with baking soda and essential oils and work similar to bath bombs. But rather than placing them into a tub, the Shower Melt is placed on the floor of the shower. The water activates the fizzing reaction and releases the essential oils into the air.
Why Make Your Own?
These Shower Melts don’t contain any artificial scents (which can actually cause respiratory issues), artificial colors, and toxic chemicals such as preservatives that some store-bought ones may contain. You can make just enough for a month instead of buying store-bought ones that has been sitting around for ages, allowing the preservatives to really sink into them.
These DIY Shower Melts make for great homemade gifts as well – such as birthdays, wedding showers, holiday gifts, hostess gifts, welcome home gifts, and a girls spa day.
About the Ingredients
Lavender essential oil has a calming scent that’s great for relaxation and promoting a restful night’s sleep. It can help to quiet the mind and ease everyday stressors to settle down after a long day. So before you head to bed, take a nice long hot shower with these DIY Lavender Shower Melts.
Baking soda helps to hold the scent of the essential oils and gently cleans the tub. It also gives the Shower Melt the fizziness when it’s activated with water.
How to Make DIY Shower Melts – Step by Step Directions
These Shower Melts are really easy to make. Just combine the ingredients into a bowl and bake at low heat for 20 minutes. I’ve got the full recipe below.
And I hope you’ll love these Shower Melts like I do. The kids can use them too – and you can make fun shapes with different silicone molds. How cute would these molds be… for little kids, for boys, for girls.
So let’s get into how to make these DIY Shower Melts…
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of baking soda, 5 drops Lavender essential oil, and 1/2 cup of water. Mix them into a paste.
- Spoon the paste into the silicone molds, press the mixture in, and smooth the tops off with your fingers.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake the cubes for 20 minutes at 350° F.
How To Use These DIY Shower Melts
Shower Melts are like bath bombs for showers. Place a dried Shower Melt in the shower (in the far end of the shower stall or bathtub – away from the direct water stream). You can put a few drops of water on the Shower Melt to get the aromatherapy going, but avoid direct water contact from the shower as it will melt away too fast. Breathe in the scent of the essential oil and ENJOY!
Top Tips for These Shower Melts
- Be sure to store the Shower Melts away from moisture and light. Use within 1 month for the best results. They can last longer but the Lavender scent may not be as strong. It’s best to store in an airtight container.
- Make sure your shower melts have cooled before you store them or use.
- Want to make these as a gift? Play around with different silicone mold shapes such as hearts, stars, and more.
- Make sure you don’t put your DIY Shower Melts too close to your water source as it’ll melt away too quickly.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Tutorials
- DIY Bath Bombs – Just Like Lush
- Toilet Bomb Fizzies
- DIY Lavender Bath Salts
- DIY Aromatherapy Shower Steamers
Use these DIY Shower Melts to get all the benefits of an aromatherapy spa at home… without taking the bath. Perfect when you’re short on time.
Gather your ingredients. Preheat the oven to 350° F (180°C).
In a bowl, combine the baking soda, essential oils, and water. Mix them into a paste.
Spoon the paste into the silicone molds, press the mixture in, and smooth the tops off with your fingers.
Place the pan in the oven and bake the cubes for 20 minutes at 350° F.
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.