This DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe is a homemade, non-toxic alternative to keep those messy hands clean. It’s so easy to make and just a few ingredients. You can easily make bottles of this homemade hand soap for pennies compared to store-bought soaps.
Before this DIY Foaming Hand Soap, I used to buy these so-called natural hand soaps from the store thinking I was helping my family. But once I started reading the labels I found that many of the ingredients in hand soaps were loaded with toxic chemicals… even the “natural” ones.
And the hand soaps that were clean and organic often cost $5-10 for a 8-10 oz bottle. That’s $30 easily a month to make hand soaps for all 3 of my bathrooms. Add that up over a year and that’s $360.
Homemade Hand Soap vs. Store Bought
Here’s the thing… you can easily make own DIY Foaming Hand Soap for way less money and with just a few simple ingredients. And when I mean way less, I mean like pennies compared to those $5-10 bottles. You could easily make one bottle for like $1 a bottle. So for 3 bottles that’s $3 a month… and $36 a year.
Um, compare $36 vs. $360 a year. Which would you rather pay?
And the DIY version that’s $36 a year contains all-natural ingredients that you can feel safe about using for your whole family. It really effective on dirty hands, yet it’s gentle and safe – even for little ones.
About the Ingredients
- Liquid castile soap is a coconut-based soap that is non-toxic and non-irritating to the skin. It’s gentle enough to use on baby’s skin, yet great for cleaning skin naturally.
- Witch hazel helps to keep the water in this hand soap purified so it’ll last about a month.
- Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer and helps to soothe the skin. It works well to disperse essential oils too.
- Essential oils are used as a natural fragrance and help to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Foaming soap bottle like this 10 oz. bottle.
How to Make This DIY Foaming Hand Soap – Step by Step
1. Gather the ingredients together.
2. In a soap dispensing bottle, add water, castile soap, essential oils and aloe vera gel.
3. Replace lid securely and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
An Easy DIY Foaming Hand Soap
This recipe is so easy to make. It literally takes like 2 minutes to make and BOOM! You’re done.
It’s a cheaper alternative to natural store-bought brands, and you can change up the essential oils in this recipe to customize your scent and create seasonal blends For instance, I like Lavender in the spring because it reminds me of spring flowers. In the winter, try Thieves and Orange essential oils for a pumpkin spice scent.
For this recipe, I used Lemongrass because it smells so refreshing and clean.
Top Tips for This DIY Hand Soap
- A 10 oz soap container is a good size.
- If you don’t have Lemongrass essential oil, try Thieves, Tea Tree, Lemon or Lavender essential oils.
- This DIY Foaming Hand Soap will keep for about 3-4 weeks as the witch hazel helps to keep the water sanitized.
- Help children stay healthy by encouraging them to wash their hands frequently. Wash your hands with your child to show him or her how it’s done. To prevent rushing, suggest washing hands for as long as it takes to sing the “Happy Birthday” song twice!
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Recipes
- Homemade Natural Household Cleaner
- DIY Natural Disinfectant Spray (Homemade Lysol)
- DIY Reusable Cleaning Wipes
- Homemade Poo Pourri: After You Poo Spray
DIY Pumpkin Spice Foaming Hand Soap
- In a soap dispensing bottle, add water, castile soap, essential oils and aloe vera gel.
- Replace lid securely and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- This DIY Foaming Hand Soap will keep for about 3-4 weeks as the witch hazel I’d
- recommend giving your soap dispenser a shake every now and then. This will avoid the ingredients separating and maximize effectiveness.
- While I prefer a foaming hand soap container, you can also use an ordinary hand soap bottle. The recipe won’t need to change.
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.