This DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe is a homemade, non-toxic alternative to keep those messy hands clean. It’s so easy to make and just a few ingredients. You can easily make bottles of this homemade hand soap for pennies compared to store-bought soaps.
I used to buy these so-called natural hand soaps from the store thinking I was helping my family. But once I started reading the labels I found that many of the ingredients in hand soaps were loaded with toxic chemicals… even the “natural” ones.
And the hand soaps that were clean and organic often cost $5-10 for a 8-10 oz bottle. That’s $30 easily a month to make hand soaps for all 3 of my bathrooms. Add that up over a year and that’s $360.
Well, here’s the thing… you can easily make own DIY Foaming Hand Soap for way less money and with just a few simple ingredients. And when I mean way less, I mean like pennies compared to those $5-10 bottles. You could easily make one bottle for like $1 a bottle. So for 3 bottles that’s $3 a month… and $36 a year.
Um, compare $36 vs. $360 a year. Which would you rather pay?
And the DIY version that’s $36 a year contains all-natural ingredients that you can feel safe about using for your whole family. It really effective on dirty hands, yet it’s gentle and safe – even for little ones.
Ingredients for This DIY Foaming Hand Soap
This recipe is so easy to make. It literally takes like 2 minutes to make and BOOM! You’re done.
It’s a cheaper alternative to natural store-bought brands, and you can change up the essential oils in this recipe to customize your scent and create seasonal blends For instance, I like Lavender in the spring because it reminds me of spring flowers. In the winter, try Thieves and Orange essential oils for a pumpkin spice scent.
For this recipe, I used Lemongrass because it smells so refreshing and clean.
About the Ingredients
- Liquid castile Soap is a coconut-based soap that is non-toxic and non-irritating to the skin. It’s gentle enough to use on baby’s skin, yet great for cleaning skin naturally.
- Witch hazel helps to keep the water in this hand soap purified so it’ll last about a month.
- Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer and helps to soothe the skin. It works well to disperse essential oils too.
- Essential oils are used as a natural fragrance and help to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Foaming soap bottle like this 10 oz. bottle.
How to Make This DIY Foaming Hand Soap
1. In a 10 oz foaming soap bottle, add 1/3 cup liquid unscented castile soap.
2. Add essential oils and aloe vera gel to the bottle.
3. Fill with water and leave room for the nozzle to fit on the bottle.
4. Screw on lid and shake vigorously for a few seconds. Now it’s ready to use.
How to Use This DIY Foaming Hand Soap
Place this hand soap next to the bathroom and kitchen sinks. Pump foaming hand soap into wet hands and wash to remove dirt and grime. Rinse well with water. The aloe vera gel in this soap helps to keep hands soft and moisturized. Use throughout the day to keep hands clean without all the harsh chemicals.
This DIY Foaming Hand Soap is gentle for kids and babies too.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, and get a starter kit for 60% off retail prices.
More DIY Recipes
- DIY Natural Household Cleaner
- DIY Natural Disinfectant Spray (Homemade Lysol)
- DIY Reusable Cleaning Wipes
- DIY Poo Pourri: After You Poo Spray
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
This DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe is a homemade, non-toxic alternative to keep those messy hands clean. It's so easy to make and just a few ingredients.
In a soap dispensing bottle, add water, castile soap, essential oils and aloe vera gel.
Replace lid securely and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- If you don't have Lemongrass essential oil, try Thieves, Tea Tree, Lemon or Lavender essential oils. Get your essential oils here.
- This DIY Foaming Hand Soap will keep for about 3-4 weeks as the witch hazel helps to keep the water sanitized.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.