This DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe is a homemade, non-toxic alternative to keep those messy hands clean. It’s so easy to make and just a few ingredients. You can easily make bottles of this homemade hand soap for pennies compared to store-bought soaps.
I used to buy these so-called natural hand soaps from the store thinking I was helping my family. But once I started reading the labels I found that many of the ingredients in hand soaps were loaded with toxic chemicals… even the “natural” ones.
And the hand soaps that were clean and organic often cost $5-10 for a 8-10 oz bottle. That’s $30 easily a month to make hand soaps for all 3 of my bathrooms. Add that up over a year and that’s $360.
Well, here’s the thing… you can easily make own DIY Foaming Hand Soap for way less money and with just a few simple ingredients. And when I mean way less, I mean like pennies compared to those $5-10 bottles. You could easily make one bottle for like $1 a bottle. So for 3 bottles that’s $3 a month… and $36 a year.
Um, compare $36 vs. $360 a year. Which would you rather pay?
And the DIY version that’s $36 a year contains all-natural ingredients that you can feel safe about using for your whole family. It really effective on dirty hands, yet it’s gentle and safe – even for little ones.
How to Make This DIY Foaming Hand Soap
This recipe is so easy to make. It literally takes like 2 minutes to make and BOOM! You’re done.
It’s a cheaper alternative to natural store-bought brands, and you can change up the essential oils in this recipe to customize your scent and create seasonal blends For instance, I like Lavender in the spring because it reminds me of spring flowers. In the winter, try Thieves and Orange essential oils for a pumpkin spice scent.
For this recipe, I used Lemongrass because it smells so refreshing and clean.
About the Ingredients
- Liquid castile Soap is a coconut-based soap that is non-toxic and non-irritating to the skin. It’s gentle enough to use on baby’s skin, yet great for cleaning skin naturally.
- Witch hazel helps to keep the water in this hand soap purified so it’ll last about a month.
- Aloe vera gel is a natural moisturizer and helps to soothe the skin. It works well to disperse essential oils too.
- Essential oils are used as a natural fragrance and help to soothe and moisturize the skin.
- Foaming soap bottle like this 10 oz. bottle.
This DIY Foaming Hand Soap recipe is a homemade, non-toxic alternative to keep those messy hands clean. It's so easy to make and just a few ingredients.
In a soap dispensing bottle, add water, castile soap, essential oils and aloe vera gel.
Replace lid securely and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
- If you don't have Lemongrass essential oil, try Thieves, Tea Tree, Lemon or Lavender essential oils. Get your essential oils here.
- This DIY Foaming Hand Soap will keep for about 3-4 weeks as the witch hazel helps to keep the water sanitized.
More DIY Recipes
- DIY Natural Household Cleaner
- DIY Natural Disinfectant Spray (Homemade Lysol)
- DIY Reusable Cleaning Wipes
- DIY Poo Pourri: After You Poo Spray
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.