Want to make cauliflower rice? It’s so easy and a delicious, low carb side dish that can be ready in under 10 minutes. Try this Easy Way to Make Cauliflower Rice.
Are you trying to go grain free or Paleo, but miss eating rice?
I completely know how you feel. As an Asian-American, rice was basically one of the four basic food groups in my diet growing up. At least 1-2 meals a day included a small bowl of white rice. And boy, did I love my rice. I’d eat it for everything from curry to chili to fried chicken to hamburger steak (Salisbury steak).
Cauliflower Rice is a Delicious Grain Free Side
When my family first transitioned to a gluten free diet, I still ate rice a few days a week. But when I cut back on the grains, I was struggling to find a way to enjoy my rice without the grain and carbs.
Then I found out about cauliflower rice. It’s so simple to make, and I’ve adapted the tutorial with my own twist that I think you’ll really enjoy.
What to Serve with This Cauliflower Rice
You can use cauliflower rice as a substitute for white rice, brown rice, or even mashed potatoes. So anytime you serve up chili, pot roast, or stir-fry serve it up with cauliflower rice.
You can also use cauliflower rice to make gluten-free fried rice. It’s so delicious and a great way to make fried rice grain free. Here’s my favorite Gluten-Free Fried Rice recipe.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Cut cauliflower into quarters or pieces small enough to fit into your blender.
- Fill blender with filtered water and pulse for about 50-10 seconds. Don’t pulse too long. Cauliflower should be small enough to look like rice. Do not blend into a puree.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add lard or ghee, onion and garlic. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice and bone broth. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / myviewpoint
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.