Are you trying to go grain free or Paleo, but miss eating rice? Check out this Cauliflower Rice Recipe. It’s the perfect substitute in your favorite dishes.
Are you trying to go grain free or Paleo, but miss eating rice?
I completely know how you feel. As an Asian-American, rice was basically one of the four basic food groups in my diet growing up. At least 1-2 meals a day included a small bowl of white rice. And boy, did I love my rice. I’d eat it for everything from curry to chili to fried chicken to hamburger steak (Salisbury steak).
Cauliflower Rice Is A Delicious Grain Free Side!
When my family first transitioned to a gluten free diet, I still ate rice a few days a week. But when I cut back on the grains, I was struggling to find a way to enjoy my rice without the grain and carbs.
Then I found out about cauliflower rice. I searched on YouTube for tutorials on how to make cauliflower rice and found this one from Big Red Kitchen. It’s so simple to make, and I’ve adapted the tutorial with my own twist that I think you’ll really enjoy.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
More Side Dishes You Might Like;
Did you try this Cauliflower Rice? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- Cut cauliflower into quarters or pieces small enough to fit into your blender.
- Fill blender with filtered water and pulse for about 50-10 seconds. Don’t pulse too long. Cauliflower should be small enough to look like rice. Do not blend into a puree.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add lard or ghee, onion and garlic. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice and bone broth. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Equipment & Tools
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / nata_vkusidey
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.