Want to make cauliflower rice? It’s so easy and a delicious, low carb side dish that can be ready in under 10 minutes. Try this Easy Way to Make Cauliflower Rice.
Are you trying to go grain free or Paleo, but miss eating rice?
I completely know how you feel. As an Asian-American, rice was basically one of the four basic food groups in my diet growing up. At least 1-2 meals a day included a small bowl of white rice. And boy, did I love my rice. I’d eat it for everything from curry to chili to fried chicken to hamburger steak (Salisbury steak).
Cauliflower Rice is a Delicious Grain Free Side
When my family first transitioned to a gluten free diet, I still ate rice a few days a week. But when I cut back on the grains, I was struggling to find a way to enjoy my rice without the grain and carbs.
Then I found out about cauliflower rice. It’s so simple to make, and I’ve adapted the tutorial with my own twist that I think you’ll really enjoy.
Want to make cauliflower rice? It's so easy and a delicious, low carb side dish that can be ready in under 10 minutes. Try this Easy Way to Make Cauliflower Rice.
- Cut cauliflower into quarters or pieces small enough to fit into your blender.
- Fill blender with filtered water and pulse for about 50-10 seconds. Don’t pulse too long. Cauliflower should be small enough to look like rice. Do not blend into a puree.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add lard or ghee, onion and garlic. Saute for about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice and bone broth. Cook for about 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Equipment & Tools
What to Serve with This Cauliflower Rice
You can use cauliflower rice as a substitute for white rice, brown rice, or even mashed potatoes. So anytime you serve up chili, pot roast, or stir-fry serve it up with cauliflower rice. This Paleo Sweet and Sour Chicken is a great dish to serve alongside with cauliflower rice too. It’s so easy to make. It’s like Chinese takeout but a healthier version.
You can also use cauliflower rice to make gluten-free fried rice. It’s so delicious and a great way to make fried rice grain free. Here’s my favorite Gluten-Free Fried Rice recipe.
More Recipes You Might Like
- 50+ Gluten-Free Asian Recipes – Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese
- Soy Sauce Substitute Recipe (Soy-Free, Gluten-Free)
- Easy Ahi Tuna Poke Bowl
Did you try this Cauliflower Rice? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / myviewpoint
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.