Pizza – it’s the one dish my entire family can agree on. We all love it, and we all love to personalize our pizzas with our own ingredients. I prefer sun-dried tomatoes and basil, my husband likes artichokes and olives and my kids only want nitrate-free pepperoni and cheese.
While gluten-free pizzas have become more available in restaurants and grocery stores, we still prefer to make our own to avoid artificial ingredients and preservatives – plus I like to know what’s in my food.
This gluten free pizza recipe is so delicious. I’ve added cheese and Italian seasoning to give the dough a lot of flavor – as well as bone broth for a boost of protein, amino acids and other nutrients. The result is a yummy, crisp pizza crust that works well with any combination of toppings. I also have a Paleo pizza recipe for those of you avoiding grains and check out all of my gluten free recipes and Paleo recipes.
Tip: Press out the dough with your hands rather than use a rolling pin to make it easier and prevent the dough from sticking.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get 2 months free and 10% off your first order.
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic black pepper, freshly ground
- 3/4 tsp dried organic Italian seasoning (thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary and/or basil)
- 1/2 cup raw or organic mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup raw or organic cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 pasture-raised or organic egg whites (or egg replacer)
- 1/4 cup bone broth, vegetable broth or water
- A few drops of extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place broth or water, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in a small blender or food processor. Pulse for a few seconds.
- Combine all dry ingredients together. Add broth mixture, eggs, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix well with hands.
- Dab a few drops of oil on hands (to keep dough from sticking) and spread dough on a pizza stone or pizza pan – pressing it out evenly to fit the pan. (Option to make mini pizza bites – just form smaller balls with 1 tablespoon of dough and press out to 2 to 3-inch mini pizzas.)
- Prick a hole every 2 inches in the dough to make sure there are no air pockets in the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or about 10-12 minutes or longer as needed for mini pizza bites).
- Top with tomato sauce or olive oil and add your favorite toppings. Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes (or 2-3 minutes for mini pizza bites). Or freeze and use for another time.
Equipment & Tools
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.disclosure.
Subscribe to the Don't Mess with Mama weekly email newsletter to get all this and much more!
- Latest DIY tutorials
- Natural health tips
- Real food recipes, including Paleo and gluten free
- Everyday ways you can live a more natural lifestyle
- Exclusive deals just for subscribers
And get a copy of my e-book, Real Food Guide: 5 Real Foods You Need in Your Diet.