Living gluten free doesn’t mean you have to miss out on pizza and other favorites. Try this gluten free pizza crust recipe with herbs and cheese.
Pizza – it’s the one dish my entire family can agree on. We all love it, and we all love to personalize our pizzas with our own ingredients. I prefer sun-dried tomatoes and basil, my husband likes artichokes and olives and my kids only want nitrate-free pepperoni and cheese.
While gluten-free pizzas have become more available in restaurants and grocery stores, we still prefer to make our own to avoid artificial ingredients and preservatives – plus I like to know what’s in my food.
This gluten free pizza crust recipe is so delicious
I’ve added cheese and Italian seasoning to give the dough a lot of flavor – as well as bone broth for a boost of protein, amino acids and other nutrients. The result is a yummy, crisp pizza crust that works well with any combination of toppings. I also have a Paleo pizza recipe for those of you avoiding grains and check out all of my gluten free recipes and Paleo recipes.
Tip: Press out the dough with your hands rather than use a rolling pin to make it easier and prevent the dough from sticking.
- Your favorite cheeses
- Cured meats, salami, prosciutto etc
- Vegetables such as bell peppers, mushroom
- Leftover roast chicken
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
Did you try this gluten free pizza crust with herbs and cheese? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp organic black pepper freshly ground
- 3/4 tsp dried organic Italian seasoning thyme, oregano, sage, rosemary and/or basil
- 1/2 cup raw or organic mozzarella cheese grated
- 1/2 cup raw or organic cheddar cheese grated
- 2 pasture-raised or organic egg whites or egg replacer
- 1/4 cup homemade stock or broth vegetable broth or water
- a few drops extra-virgin olive oil
Heat oven to 325°F/190°F.
- Place broth or water, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning in a small blender or food processor. Pulse for a few seconds.
- Combine all dry ingredients together. Add broth mixture, eggs, salt, pepper and cheese. Mix well with hands.
- Dab a few drops of oil on hands (to keep dough from sticking) and spread dough on a pizza stone or pizza pan – pressing it out evenly to fit the pan. (Option to make mini pizza bites – just form smaller balls with 1 tablespoon of dough and press out to 2 to 3-inch mini pizzas.)
- Prick a hole every 2 inches in the dough to make sure there are no air pockets in the dough.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or about 10-12 minutes or longer as needed for mini pizza bites).
- Top with tomato sauce or olive oil and add your favorite toppings. Bake for an additional 6-8 minutes (or 2-3 minutes for mini pizza bites). Or freeze and use for another time.
Equipment & Tools
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.