70+ recipes both kids and adults will love + tips on how to avoid processed foods.
After a long week the number one thing I love to do is soak in a bath. But not just a plain bath. I soak with my DIY bath salts, made with Epsom salt and essential oils.
Epsom salt is amazing stuff. It helps to detox impurities out of the body, and it’s great for relieving sore muscles. Indulge in an Epsom salt baths a few times a week to regularly rid the body of toxins.
Therapeutic-grade lavender essential oil is fantastic for so many things. It can promote relaxation and balance, yet it can boost energy too. It can also be used to soothe cuts, bruises and skin irritations. You could substitute any essential oil – such as orange and lemon to uplift or peppermint to energize. But after a long week, I always reach for lavender.
While this recipe could just include Epsom salt and essential oils, I love to add carrier oil such as sweet almond or jojoba oil for an extra dose of moisture.
DIY Lavender Bath Salts
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup course sea salt
- 2 tbsp of your favorite carrier oil (sweet almond, jojoba, apricot kernel or olive oil)
- 10-15 drops lavender essential oil
Equipment & Tools
- In a medium-sized glass mixing bowl, add sea salt and Epsom salt. Do not use plastic (the essential oils will absorb into the bowl).
- Mix the salts well and add carrier oil. Mix again.
- Add essential oils and mix again.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.