After a long week the number one thing I love to do is soak in a bath. But not just a plain bath. I soak with my DIY bath salts, made with Epsom salt and essential oils.
I add Lavender essential oil to my bath salts because it’s incredibly relaxing and helps to soothe my skin. After 20 minutes in a Lavender bath, I feel like I’ve been whisked away to a luxurious spa. You can get the same spa-like feeling in your own home with this easy DIY recipe.
- 2 cups Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup coarse sea salt
- 2 tbsp of your favorite carrier oil (sweet almond, jojoba, apricot kernel or olive oil)
- 10-15 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy essential oils)
- In a medium-sized glass mixing bowl, add sea salt and Epsom salt. Do not use plastic (the essential oils will absorb into the bowl).
- Mix the salts well and add carrier oil. Mix again.
- Add essential oils and mix again.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.