Here’s a simple recipe that’s full of flavor and based on one of my favorite pasta dishes: Spaghetti Aglio E Olio.
I had my first bite of Spaghetti Aglio E Olio in Italy about 15 years ago. My husband and I backpacked on a frugal budget through Europe and couldn’t afford expensive dishes with seafood or meat. We had to opt for simple pasta dishes, but what we found was that this dish, in particular, was so full of flavor. We ate it throughout our trip, and started making it when we came back home. And now you can make it with spaghetti squash for a low carb option.
Now it used to take me over an hour to prep spaghetti squash for this recipe. But then I found the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Have you tried an Instant Pot pressure cooker yet? Here’s how I do it: Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
And that’s not all. I made pork carnitas from a frozen pork loin in 40 minutes. Crazy, right? I love it because it takes the guesswork out of pressure cooking with an easy-to-use interface. Plus, you can use it to make so many things. It can be used as a rice cooker, yogurt maker, slow cooker and so much more. So if you haven’t tried it yet, check it out.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other baking supplies like baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, etc. either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Organic vanilla extract, for instance, is about $5 at my local health food store and $5.30 on Amazon. But it’s only $3.95 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil or pasture-raised lard
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus some extra for garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or basil (optional)
- Cook spaghetti squash in the Instant Pot (here are easy directions).
- Heat olive oil or lard over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and cook for a few seconds.
- Add spaghetti squash (already cooked and forked) and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add Parmesan cheese and parsley or basil and mix well.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese for each serving.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / Elena Veselova