Spaghetti Squash Pasta.Try this low-carb, Paleo and gluten-free version of Spaghetti Aglio E Olio – a simple dish with garlic, olive oil, red pepper flakes, Parmesan and squash.
Here’s a simple recipe that’s full of flavor and based on one of my favorite pasta dishes: Spaghetti Aglio E Olio.
I had my first bite of Spaghetti Aglio E Olio in Italy about 15 years ago. My husband and I backpacked on a frugal budget through Europe and couldn’t afford expensive dishes with seafood or meat. We had to opt for simple pasta dishes, but what we found was that this dish, in particular, was so full of flavor.
We ate it throughout our trip, and started making it when we came back home. And now you can make it with spaghetti squash for a low carb option.
Now it used to take me over an hour to prep spaghetti squash for this recipe. But then I found the Instant Pot pressure cooker. Have you tried an Instant Pot pressure cooker yet? Here’s how I do it: Spaghetti Squash in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
And that’s not all. I made pork carnitas from a frozen pork loin in 40 minutes. Crazy, right? I love the Instant Pot because it takes the guesswork out of pressure cooking with an easy-to-use interface. Plus, you can use it to make so many things. It can be used as a rice cooker, yogurt maker, slow cooker and so much more. So if you haven’t tried it yet, check it out.
Instant Pot Recipes Made Simple
Are you struggling to find the time to cook healthy meals for your family?
Do you wish you could find one-pot meals that are simple and easy to make… and your family will love?
You’re about to find out how simple it is to make healthy, one-pot meals with your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker with my cookbook Instant Pot Recipes Made Simple. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll get:
- Tried-and-true recipes the whole family will love – including pot roast, spaghetti, tacos, carnitas, soups, and easy breakfast meals
- Instant Pot starter guide on how to use the buttons, tips and tricks, and more
- Printable shopping lists for ingredients
- Step-by-step video lesson on how to use your Instant Pot, pressure cooker safety, and some of my favorite tips and tricks
- Two-week meal plan that you can put into action for no-stress weeknight dinners
How to Make Spaghetti Squash Pasta
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/4 cup organic olive oil or pasture-raised lard
- 6 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus some extra for garnish
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley or basil optional
- Heat olive oil or lard over medium heat in a large cast iron skillet.
- Add garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and cook for a few seconds.
- Add spaghetti squash (already cooked and forked) and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add Parmesan cheese and parsley or basil and mix well.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese for each serving.
Did you try this spaghetti squash pasta recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
More Squash Recipes You Might Like;
Photo credit: Bigstockphoto.com / Elena Veselova