Ah, fish tacos. Living in San Diego has made me spoiled on fish tacos. I love going to Rubio’s to get beer-battered fish tacos, but at over 1,000 calories per meal I rarely get it… unless I’m pregnant. Then I go crazy because, you know, the baby wants it.
But I digress.
I’ve been cooking so much more lately since my husband has gone Paleo. And I just came up with this super-easy spicy fish taco recipe that even my kids enjoy – though I turn down the heat on their fish a bit and serve it up with tortilla chips.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 2-3 six-inch size filets of wild-caught sole or cod
- 2 tbsp organic extra-virgin coconut oil or lard
- 6-10 whole leaves of organic romaine lettuce
- 1/2 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Celtic salt
- 1/4 tsp organic paprika
- 1/4 tsp organic cayenne pepper (omit this for kids)
- 1/4 tsp organic white pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 organic avocado
- Fresh salsa
- Heat a large skillet pan to medium heat. Add oil or lard.
- Combine all the dry spices in a bowl. Sprinkle spice mixture on both sides of fish, then place fish in the pan.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until browned and cooked evenly. Set aside.
- Cut open avocado and slice into cubes.
- Place 2-3 romaine lettuce leaves on plates. Top with fish, then add avocado, cheese and salsa.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!