Make these delicious Keto Low-Carb Fish Tacos made with spices, avocado and salsa. This is a fun meal that the whole family will enjoy and it’s ready in just 30 minutes. Plus, it’s so easy to adapt with your favorite fixings.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclosure.
Ah, fish tacos. Living in San Diego has made me spoiled on fish tacos. I used to eat beer-battered fish tacos once a week, but at over 1,000 calories per meal I rarely get it… unless I’m pregnant. Then I go crazy because, you know, the baby wants it.
But I digress.
I missed eating fish tacos, so I came up with this Keto Low-Carb Fish Tacos recipe that even my kids enjoy. I eat these gluten-free fish tacos with lettuce cups while my kids enjoy it with gluten-free corn tortillas.
These Low-Carb Fish Tacos are Paleo-friendly too and so easy to adapt to your tastes. Switch the spices up, add extra grilled veggies or other yummy extras. They are so easy to make your own but here are some ideas you might like…
Variations – What Else Can I add To These Low-Carb Fish Tacos?
- Grilled veggies such as zucchini
- Switch the spices up to your taste
- Pickled red onions
You can have some fun with the fixings too… like try it with purple cabbage, sour cream, different types of cheese (cotija would be amazing), tomatoes, salsa, and, of course, avocados.
How to Make These Low-Carb Fish Tacos
These Low-Carb Fish Tacos are naturally gluten-free because they aren’t battered and fried. They’re grilled in the oven. Just add a few spices like cumin, chili powder, and salt along with olive oil to fresh fish (I prefer wild-caught sole or cod). Cover the fish well with the spices and then bake in the oven.
While the fish is baking, you can get all the fixings ready… like the tomatoes, purple cabbage, lettuce, avocados, cheese, and sour cream. I like to grill gluten-free corn tortillas right on my gas stovetop for my kids who prefer to eat this Low-Carb Fish Tacos with a traditional soft taco.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Gluten Free Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Instant Pot Beef Tacos
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Recipe
- Instant Pot Refriend Beans
Low-Carb Fish Tacos
- 1 head romaine lettuce cut end off and use leaves as taco shells
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup cheese, shredded cheddar, pepper jack, cotija or queso fresco
- 1 organic avocado cubed
- Fresh salsa
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the fish fillets, and apply salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, chili powder and cumin. Mix to combine.
- Sprinkle the herb mixture over the fish, and rub it in with your hands on both sides. Bake the fish fillets for 20 minutes.
- While the fish is baking, prepare the filling for your tacos. Shred the purple, cabbage, chop the tomatoes and avocado, and crumble or shred the cheese.
- To assemble your fish tacos, cut the fish fillets into bite sized pieces. On a leaf of lettuce, add shredded cabbage, pinch of chopped tomato, pinch of chopped avocado, spoonful of fish, and a dollop of sour cream.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more