One of my favorite dishes to make for my family is tacos. We eat it at least once a week on Taco Tuesday, of course.
And really there’s no reason not to because I have the easiest recipe to make it. This Instant Pot Taco Meat recipe is made with ground beef (substitute ground turkey if you like) and has a layer of umami flavor that will have your kids coming back for seconds and thirds. We never have leftovers when we make Instant Pot Tacos.
Before I share the recipe… let’s talk about the Instant Pot. It’s a 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Cooker – including a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, saute/browning, yogurt maker, steamer and warmer. Plus, it has a stainless steel cooking pot and steam rack – LOVE that!
If you’re just getting started with the Instant Pot, check out my quick start guide Top 10 Instant Pot Tips and Tricks You Need to Know.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, gluten-free flour, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
Instant Pot Taco Meat
Ready to make some delicious beef tacos with the Instant Pot? First, get your ground beef, spices, chopped onions and garlic ready.
Brown the meat with some avocado oil (or your cooking oil of choice) using the sauté feature on the Instant Pot.
Add remaining ingredients like bone broth, gluten-free soy sauce, salt and pepper. Put the lid on and manually cook at high pressure for 10 minutes. Once done, do a Quick Steam release and then plate the Instant Pot taco meat and garnish with cilantro and add a squeeze of lime.
Serve with lettuce cups for a Paleo option, or regular corn taco shells or corn tortillas for a healthy gluten-free option. Top with cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, red peppers, or any of your favorite taco bar toppings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or ghee
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth or stock
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen or canned corn, drained (optional)
- Avocados, diced
- Sour cream
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, garnish
- Green onions, garnish
- Turn on the Saute button on the Instant Pot, and add oil/ghee, green bell pepper, onion, garlic, and spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper). Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground beef, and cook through until brown.
- Turn off Saute function. Add broth or stock, diced tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Put lid on and close pressure value. Select the Manual button and select “=/-“ button to 20 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, open the pressure value and let it depressurize.
- Open the lid and stir well. Scoop out using a ladle into a bowl. Garnish with avocados, cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
The actual cook time is 20 minutes in the Instant Pot but it takes about 12-15 minutes to come to pressure to start cooking.
More Instant Pot Meals
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!