I make a big batch of slow-cooker chicken every couple of weeks. It’s an easy way to roast a whole chicken
These Gluten-Free Cilantro-Lime Chicken Tacos are really simple to make. I typically just warm the corn tortillas and arrange all the other ingredients in individual bowls for a do-it-yourself taco bar. My kids absolutely love it. This dish is great for dinner parties too.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 2 cups slow cooker chicken or grilled chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup grilled onions, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup grass-fed cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 limes, cut into quarters
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, loosely chopped
- 6-8 organic or sprouted corn tortillas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a cast iron skillet, lightly grill corn tortillas to warm up. I even cook a little longer to crisp up a bit.
- On a plate, arrange corn tortillas and top with onions, cheese, avocado and cilantro.
- Squeeze a quarter of a lime and add salt and pepper taste.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.