Planning a trip? Check out this ultimate natural travel essentials packing list, including what to pack in your checked bag, what to bring in your carry-on bag, natural remedies and supplements you can’t leave home without, and a wellness travel routine to keep you healthy on the go.
Whether I’m traveling with the family, taking a girls trip or going on a business trip, I never leave without these natural travel essentials in my bag. I love that everything on this packing list is made with natural ingredients – which means I can still live a natural lifestyle – complete with my favorite natural remedies – even when I’m traveling.
The Ultimate Natural Travel Essentials Packing List
- Skincare – I love the ART Skincare line from Young Living. I get the ART Skincare System (get it for wholesale pricing here) that includes the face wash, toner and moisturizer. I make my own DIY Facial Serum to bring too. You can also make my DIY face wash and DIY facial toner.
- Personal care products – I get these in a set call the Bon Voyage Kit. It comes with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, face moisturizer, Thieves toothpaste, toothbrush and floss. It’s like an all-in-one toiletry bag (get it for wholesale pricing here).
- Makeup – I use Savvy Minerals – it’s a 100% natural mineral makeup line. You can get a starter set that comes with foundation powder, eye shadow, lip gloss, blush and other goodies.
- Carrier oil – I like to have some carrier oil (like coconut oil, almond oil or avocado oil) on hand to help remove makeup, moisturize my skin or use along with my essential oils travel set.
- Deodorant – I really love Native natural deodorant. The Coconut scent is my all-time favorite. I travel with the mini-size bottles or I’ll make my own DIY natural deodorant.
- Toothpaste – Hands down, I love this travel-sized Thieves toothpaste (get it for wholesale pricing here). It doesn’t have fluoride, yet it cleans teeth so well. I add a drop of orange essential oil on my toothbrush along with Thieves toothpaste to naturally whiten my teeth.
- Baby wipes – These are amazing for everything from wiping down airplane trays and toilet seats to keeping under arms fresh or taking off makeup. When you’re running through the airport sweaty, you’ll thank me for packing these. I absolutely love Seedlings Baby Wipes – they’re all-natural and compostable too (get it for wholesale pricing here).
Carry-On Travel Bag
To keep my carry-on luggage as minimal as possible, I pack my toiletries in my checked luggage. I used to be able to put everything in a carry-on but as I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed my back gets really sensitive from lugging around heavy bags. So I’ve opted to check a bag and carry-on a much lighter bag. Here’s what I bring…
- Small set of baby wipes in a reusable bag – use for staying fresh or wiping down body parts that need it (I’m not the only one who needs to use them under my arms right?).
- Small toothpaste with toothbrush – when traveling more than 6 hours.
- Mini deodorant – to freshen up after running through the airport.
- Foundation powder, dark eye shadow and lip gloss – to look fresh after a long car or plane ride.
- Thieves Hand Spray – to wipe down surfaces that need cleaning like the airplane tray or dirty bathroom seats.
- Thieves Hand Sanitizer – to keep hands clean on the go (a must-have for parents).
- One set of clean clothes – I bring a t-shirt, yoga pants, underwear and bra with me just in case. I’ve had my bags lost many times so I’ve learned from experience to pack an extra set of clothes that can compactly fit in my carry-on.
- Portable charger – even though most planes and car rentals have chargers they don’t always work so be prepared with your own that’s fully charged.
- Glasses and contact lens case – if you wear contacts like me bring an extra set of them in pack in your toiletry bag. Bring your glasses and contact lens case and fill each side with saline solution. If your eyes get irritated on the trip, you can easily take your contact lenses out without having to pack a separate saline solution bottle.
- Headphones – to watch movies or listen to podcasts or music.
- Kindle or Kindle app for your phone – to read on the plane if there are no movies or the WIFI isn’t working.
- Mini supplement case with your favorite vitamins – I like probiotics like Life 9 or Inner Defense for supporting a healthy immune system.
- Organic tea bags and a small bottle of liquid Stevia – to avoid getting those sugary coffee drinks at the airport, I bring my own tea bags and Stevia. I just ask for a cup of hot water and make my own tea on the go.
- Favorite essential oils – like DiGize for digestion, Lavender for sleep and relaxation, Stress Away for dealing with travel overwhelm, and PanAway for soothing muscles. I’ve brought up to 20 bottles (5 ml size) in a carry-on before and never had any issues with airport security.
- Activated charcoal – I don’t leave home with out a bottle of activated charcoal. It’s fantastic for the stomach bug, vomiting and other digestive issues. Read more about the benefits of activated charcoal.
- DiGize essential oil – I use this oil blend (made with fennel, tarragon, anise, peppermint and other essential oils) to help support healthy digestion. When we eat greasy foods or just foods that don’t agree with us, we take DiGize. It’s also excellent to use for long car rides or high altitudes.
- Cool Azul Pain Cream – This pain cream is a god-send for sore muscles after sitting too long on a plane or long car ride, or even after a long day of walking or hiking. It soothes muscles and joint stiffness (get it for wholesale pricing here).
- Homeopathy tablets – We never leave home without a small set of homeopathy tablets – like arnica for pain, nux vomica for bloating and nausea, and pulsatilla for tension headaches and earaches. I recommend going to your health food store to buy them.
- Inner Defense – I never leave home without this supplement. It helps to support a healthy immune system.
- Life 9 – probiotic supplement that keeps my gut happy when I travel. For both Life 9 and Inner defense, you can get it for wholesale pricing here.
My Travel Routine
- Before I get on the plane or on the road, I take 1-2 oz of NingXia Red. It’s an antioxidant drink that’s fantastic for keeping the immune system healthy. They come in 2 oz travel packets too and I toss a few in my travel carry-on.
- I also take Inner Defense and Life 9 (probiotics) both from Young Living. I want to keep my gut as well as it can be before travel.
- Opt out of the body scanner at the airport. It doesn’t take much longer to do. It’s just a pat-down and they check your bags.
- Get a hot water to go at the airport and make my own hot tea.
- Board the plane and settle into my seat. Use my Thieves Spray to clean surfaces I’ll be using like the seat handles and tray table. Use Thieves Hand Sanitizer to keep my hands clean.
- Put on some Stress Away essential oil to help me settle down after all the hustle and bustle of getting to the airport.
- Put in my ear phones and listen to podcast or watch a movie.
NingXia Red, Thieves Spray, Thieves Hand Sanitizer and Stress Away are all part of a starter set of essential oils that I use. Learn more about it here.
More Posts You Might Like
- 10 Fun Things to Do in Kauai with Kids
- 10 Indoor Family Fun Ideas
- How to Pack an Essential Oils Travel Kit
Do you have anything else to add to this natural travel essentials packing list? Don’t forget to comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / dolgachov