Forget about those expensive department-store skin serums. You can make your own with all-natural, organic ingredients for way less… and it’s so much better for your skin. This Homemade Facial Serum is packed full of nutrients that your skin will love and will keep your skin glowing. I call it my DIY Glow Serum.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve noticed the tell-tale signs of getting older… dull and uneven skin tone. So I came up with this Homemade Facial Serum to help nourish and moisturize my skin naturally.
But here’s the thing… I admit I used to spend upwards of $100 at the department store for skin care products for my skin. And you know what? I never saw results. My skin always looked the same – the telltale signs of sun exposure and the result of having three kids.
So that’s why I wanted to make my own Homemade facial serum. I wanted to find a way to actually SEE the results on my skin – without breaking the bank. This serum is very inexpensive to make. I spent maybe about $8-10 a month to make this serum – compare that to the $100 or more I used to spend.
And after a month of use – both day and night – I could see the difference. Now I’m about two years into using this Homemade facial serum and my skin has never looked better.
How to Make This Homemade Facial Serum – Step By Step
This DIY Facial Serum is so easy to make. It will literally take you less than a minute once you have all the ingredients ready.
1. Gather your ingredients together.
2. In a 1 oz glass dropper bottle, add all essential oils. This will be about a 2.5% dilution ratio.
3. Fill the bottle with rosehip seed oil.
4. Screw on the cap and shake well.
How to Use This Face Serum
Use this DIY Facial Serum morning and night around the eyes, mouth and other trouble areas on the face.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Facial Serum?
The most common benefits include hydration, increased nourishment, brightening of the skin, and acne prevention. They also help in strengthening skin cells. While other face creams contain only 5-10% of active ingredients, a face serum can contain up to 70%.
Let’s go over the ingredients and why they work so well…
About the Ingredients
- Rosehip seed oil is my favorite carrier oil for the face. It has a reddish-amber color and thicker than an almond or avocado oil. It’s perfect for this serum recipe as it soaks into the skin quickly without leaving an oily residue, so it can be worn day or night. It’s great for all skin types, particularly aging or mature skin. It’s high in essential fatty acids and can help with spots, dryness, and fine lines. Opt only for for cold-pressed, organic rosehip seed oil.
- Frankincense essential oil has been used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin.
- Myrrh essential oil is like a cousin to Frankincense. It has also been used for thousands of years – dating back to Biblical times. Many skin-care products contain Myrrh.
- Lavender essential oil is excellent for the skin – especially if you spend a lot of time in the sun.
- Rose and geranium essential oils are particularly great for mature skin. I use them in my serum and can definitely see the difference.
- Aroma Life essential oil blend is made with Cypress, Marjoram, Helichrysum, and Ylang Ylang. Cypress is a firming oil, which can be great if you have mature or aging skin, while Ylang Ylang helps to soothe skin and give it a youthful glow.
The combination of these ingredients will leave your skin glowing… that’s why I call it my DIY Glow Serum. Scroll down for the video tutorial!
Top Tips for Homemade Facial Serum
- Use a 1 oz glass dropper bottle.
- Apply a few drops after you wash your face but before you apply moisturizer.
- Use the serum at night, around the mouth, eyes and other troubled areas on the face.
- Use tepid water—hot water could make your skin perspire which inhibits absorption and cold water will close pores, blocking the serums’ goodness.
Where to Buy DIY Beauty Supplies
Looking for DIY skincare and beauty supplies like carrier oils, body butters, activated charcoal, bentonite clay, beeswax or glass spray bottles? Get 25% off at Our Essential Living with coupon code MAMA.
How to Get Started with Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE essential oil email course in order to learn the basics.
- Check out my FREE masterclass all about essential oils and this beginner’s guide to essential oils.
- Get my essential oils online course – complete with video tutorials, e-book and everything you need to get started with essential oils.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at a huge discount + get an additional 10% off your first order with my coupon code. It’s the best deal around and a great way to get started with essential oils. Plus lots of freebies just for you.
More DIY Beauty Recipes
DIY Facial Serum for Glowing Skin
- In a 1 oz glass dropper bottle, add all essential oils. This will be about a 2.5% dilution ratio.
- Fill the bottle with rosehip seed oil.
- Use this DIY Facial Serum morning and night around the eyes, mouth and other trouble areas on the face.
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book