As I’ve gotten older, I’ve noticed the tell-tale signs of getting older… dull and uneven skin tone. So I came up with this DIY Facial Serum to help nourish and moisturize my skin naturally.
But here’s the thing… I admit I used to spend upwards of $100 at the department store for skin care products for my skin. And you know what? I never saw results. My skin always looked the same – the telltale signs of sun exposure and the result of having three kids.
So that’s why I wanted to make my own DIY facial serum. I wanted to find a way to actually SEE the results on my skin – without breaking the bank. This serum is very inexpensive to make. I spent maybe about $8-10 a month to make this serum – compare that to the $100 or more I used to spend.
And after a month of use – both day and night – I could see the difference. Now I’m about two years into using this DIY facial serum and my skin has never looked better.
DIY Facial Serum Recipe
About the Ingredients
- Rosehip seed oil is my FAVORITE carrier oil for the face. It has a reddish-amber color and thicker than an almond or avocado oil. It’s perfect for this serum recipe as it soaks into the skin quickly without leaving an oily residue, so it can be worn day or night. It’s great for all skin types, particularly aging or mature skin. It’s high in essential fatty acids and can help with spots, dryness, and fine lines. Opt only for for cold-pressed, organic rosehip seed oil.
- Frankincense essential oil has been used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin.
- Myrrh essential oil is like a cousin to Frankincense. It has also been used for thousands of years – dating back to Biblical times. Many skin-care products contain Myrrh.
- Lavender essential oil is excellent for the skin – especially if you spend a lot of time in the sun.
- Rose, Geranium and Helichrysum essential oils are particularly great for mature skin. I use them in my serum and can definitely see the difference.
- Aroma Life essential oil blend is made with Cypress, Marjoram, Helichrysum, and Ylang Ylang. Cypress is a firming oil, which can be great if you have mature or aging skin, while Ylang Ylang helps to soothe skin and give it a youthful glow.
- Rosehip seed oil (or other carrier oil but rosehip seed oil is the best for the face, in my opinion)
- 5 drops Frankincense essential oil (where to buy)
- 5 drops Myrrh essential oil (where to buy)
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- 5 drops Aroma Life essential oil blend (where to buy)
- 2 drops Helichrysum essential oil (where to buy – you could bump up Aroma Life to 4 drops and eliminate Helichrysum on its own)
- 1-2 drops Rose essential oil (you could also try Geranium – what I like to call the poor woman’s Rose – where to buy)
- In a 1 oz glass dropper bottle, add all essential oils. This will be about a 2.5% dilution ratio.
- Fill the bottle with rosehip seed oil.
- Use this DIY Facial Serum morning and night around the eyes, mouth and other trouble areas on the face.
Watch this video tutorial to learn how to make your own DIY Facial Serum. It’s so easy. You can do it in just a couple of minutes.
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.