Forget about those expensive department-store skin serums. You can make your own with all-natural, organic ingredients for way less… and it’s so much better for your skin. This Homemade Facial Serum is packed full of nutrients that your skin will love and will keep your skin glowing. I call it my DIY Glow Serum.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve noticed the tell-tale signs of getting older… dull and uneven skin tone. So I came up with this Homemade Facial Serum to help nourish and moisturize my skin naturally.
But here’s the thing… I admit I used to spend upwards of $100 at the department store for skin care products for my skin. And you know what? I never saw results. My skin always looked the same – the telltale signs of sun exposure and the result of having three kids.
So that’s why I wanted to make my own Homemade facial serum. I wanted to find a way to actually SEE the results on my skin – without breaking the bank. This serum is very inexpensive to make. I spent maybe about $8-10 a month to make this serum – compare that to the $100 or more I used to spend.
And after a month of use – both day and night – I could see the difference. Now I’m about two years into using this Homemade facial serum and my skin has never looked better.
How to Make This Homemade Facial Serum for Glowing Skin – Step By Step
- In a 1 oz glass dropper bottle, add all essential oils. This will be about a 2.5% dilution ratio.
- Fill the bottle with rosehip seed oil.
- Use this DIY Facial Serum morning and night around the eyes, mouth and other trouble areas on the face.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Facial Serum?
The most common benefits include hydration, increased nourishment, brightening of the skin, and acne prevention. They also help in strengthening skin cells. While other face creams contain only 5 to 10 per cent of active ingredients, a face serum can contain up to 70 per cent.
An Easy Homemade Facial Serum
This DIY Facial Serum is so easy to make. It will literally take you less than a minute once you have all the ingredients ready. Let’s go over the ingredients and why they work so well…
Benefits of The Ingredients in This Homemade Facial Serum
- Rosehip seed oil is my favorite carrier oil for the face. It has a reddish-amber color and thicker than an almond or avocado oil. It’s perfect for this serum recipe as it soaks into the skin quickly without leaving an oily residue, so it can be worn day or night. It’s great for all skin types, particularly aging or mature skin. It’s high in essential fatty acids and can help with spots, dryness, and fine lines. Opt only for for cold-pressed, organic rosehip seed oil.
- Frankincense essential oil has been used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin.
- Myrrh essential oil is like a cousin to Frankincense. It has also been used for thousands of years – dating back to Biblical times. Many skin-care products contain Myrrh.
- Lavender essential oil is excellent for the skin – especially if you spend a lot of time in the sun.
- Rose and geranium essential oils are particularly great for mature skin. I use them in my serum and can definitely see the difference.
- Aroma Life essential oil blend is made with Cypress, Marjoram, Helichrysum, and Ylang Ylang. Cypress is a firming oil, which can be great if you have mature or aging skin, while Ylang Ylang helps to soothe skin and give it a youthful glow.
The combination of these ingredients will leave your skin glowing… that’s why I call it my DIY Glow Serum. Scroll down for the video tutorial!
Top Tips for Homemade Facial Serum
- Use a 1 oz glass dropper bottle.
- Apply a few drops after you wash your face but before you apply moisturizer.
- Use the serum at night, around the mouth, eyes and other troubled areas on the face.
- Use tepid water—hot water could make your skin perspire which inhibits absorption and cold water will close pores, blocking the serums’ goodness.
More DIY Beauty Recipes
Forget about those expensive department-store skin serums. You can make your own with all-natural, organic ingredients for way less... and it's so much better for your skin. This DIY Facial Serum is packed full of nutrients that your skin will love, and it's so simple to make!
In a 1 oz glass dropper bottle, add all essential oils. This will be about a 2.5% dilution ratio.
Fill the bottle with rosehip seed oil.
Use this DIY Facial Serum morning and night around the eyes, mouth and other trouble areas on the face.
Watch this video tutorial to learn how to make your own DIY Facial Serum. It’s so easy. You can do it in just a couple of minutes.
DIY Beauty Recipes Book
Check out my book Natural Beauty Made Simple. It comes with 45 homemade skincare recipes with a set of printable labels and gift tags. You can download it instantly to your phone, computer or e-reader, so it’s portable and can go with you anywhere!
With this book, you’ll learn how to:
- Make your own organic beauty and skin care products for less than $25 a month!
- Learn simple techniques to make your own skincare – without the fuss of complicated recipes or hard-to-find ingredients
- Get tried-and-true recipes that work to nourish the skin and make it look more radiant than ever before
- Create beautiful gifts for friends and family with the printable labels and gift tags I’ve included with this book
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.