Make your own crispy, gluten free fried fish with this real food recipe. I promise there won’t be any leftovers! Kids and adults love it. Get the recipe.
Have you ever REALLY looked at those packages of fish sticks in the grocery store? Yeah… there’s a long list of additives and preservatives – and it’s nearly impossible to find a gluten-free version that isn’t loaded with junk.
Luckily, you can easily make your own in just 20 minutes. And this dish is a favorite with my kids. I usually make it at least once a week and there are never leftovers – yes, it’s THAT good.
So What’s Do I Need To Make This Gluten Free Fried Fish?
- Wild caught cod or sole fillets
- Gluten free flour
- Parmesan or pecorino cheese
- Bacon fat or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
Simple ingredients make this fried fish recipe so easy and delicious. Remeber that the highest quality ingredients will give you the best flavor and health benefits. But what should you serve it with?
What To Serve Gluten Free Fried Fish With
My favorite sides for this gluten-free fried fish recipe are my Homemade Potato Chips (which I fry in organic coconut oil – YUM!) or Mashed Potatoes. You could also serve with your favorite salad for a lighter meal.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
Did you try this Gluten Free Fried Fish Recipe? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 1 lb wild-caught cod or sole filets cut into 3-4 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan Pink salt or to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup organic Parmesan and/or Pecorino cheese finely grated, packed down
- 1/2 tsp organic paprika
- 4-5 tbsp bacon fat or organic coconut oil
- Heat a large cast iron skillet to medium and add bacon fat or coconut oil. Make sure the oil is hot before adding fish.
- On a cutting board, cut fish into 3-inch strips.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add fish, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- On a separate large plate or bowl, add flour and cheese. Take 3-4 pieces of fish at a time and coat well with the flour and cheese mixture, then add to skillet.
- Cook fish for about 2-3 minutes on each side, then set aside on a wire cooling rack so coating doesn’t get soggy.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all fish is done.
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.