Have you ever tried cooking with spaghetti squash? It’s absolutely delicious. It easily replaces spaghetti pasta in your favorite Italian dishes.
Now this Spaghetti Squash with Browned Butter Sauce and Parmesan Cheese recipe is so simple to make, yet it will easily please the pickiest palate. Both kids and adults will love it. In fact, my middle son gobbled it up and I (very unlady like) licked my plate clean, literally. But I didn’t feel too guilty – this dish is pretty healthy and gluten free.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 4-5 tbsp pastured or organic butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup organic Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 2-3 tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Place squash face down on a large pan and cook for about 20-35 minutes or until the squash is soft.
- Use a fork to loosen squash to create noodles, scoop out and toss the squash shell. Set the squash noodles aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium heat. Add butter and garlic, and let the butter brown for about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Turn off the heat and toss in the spaghetti squash noodles. Cover noodles completely with the browned butter sauce.
- Add Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley.
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.