Looking for quality real food ingredients? Be sure to the check out the Village Green Marketplace for discounts and coupons. Plus, you'll find classes, meals plans and more.
Need an inexpensive DIY gift idea? Try this peppermint hot chocolate in a jar. It costs about $5 to make and it’s a fantastic holiday Christmas gift for friends, teachers, neighbors, etc.
It’s a piece of cake to make this mason jar gift. Just layer each ingredient and top with a lid and a decorative ribbon (I love raffia or twine for an rustic look). This simple gift is naturally gluten free and features natural and organic ingredients – free of artificial colors.
Here’s a sugar-free option: Omit the sugar and allow the gift recipient to add raw honey or organic maple syrup as a sweetener. To make this vegan, use non-dairy milk and omit the chocolate chips.
DIY Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa in a Jar Gift
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup organic whole sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy (all-natural dye)
- 2 pint-sized Mason jars and lids
- Get a 1-quart Mason jar.
- Layer cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips and peppermint candy.
- Top with a lid and add a gift tag with these directions: Mix entire contents in a bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup of cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk (cow, almond or coconut milk). Store remaining mix in Mason jar. Makes 12 servings.
Pin It Here
AMAZON DISCLOSURE: The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.