Need an inexpensive DIY gift idea? Try this peppermint hot chocolate in a jar. It costs about $5 to make and it’s a fantastic holiday Christmas gift for friends, teachers, neighbors, etc.
It’s a piece of cake to make this mason jar gift. Just layer each ingredient and top with a lid and a decorative ribbon (I love raffia or twine for an rustic look). This simple gift is naturally gluten free and features natural and organic ingredients – free of artificial colors.
Here’s a sugar-free option: Omit the sugar and allow the gift recipient to add raw honey or organic maple syrup as a sweetener. To make this vegan, use non-dairy milk and omit the chocolate chips.
DIY Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa in a Jar Gift
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup organic whole sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy (all-natural dye)
- 2 pint-sized Mason jars and lids
- Get a 1-quart Mason jar.
- Layer cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips and peppermint candy.
- Top with a lid and add a gift tag with these directions: Mix entire contents in a bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup of cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk (cow, almond or coconut milk). Store remaining mix in Mason jar. Makes 12 servings.
Pin It Here
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.