This homemade peppermint hot cocoa recipe is delicious and made with real food ingredients. It’s also an inexpensive DIY gift you can make with a Mason jar.
Need an inexpensive DIY gift idea or just want a homemade hot chocolate mix on hand to make for your family?
Try this homemade peppermint hot cocoa recipe. It’s made with real food ingredients – including unsweetened cocoa powder, sea salt and organic sugar. You can even omit the sugar, and add raw honey or organic maple syrup as a sweetener. This homemade peppermint hot cocoa recipe is gluten free and free of artificial colors.
Make Peppermint Hot Chocolate Gifts!
It costs about $5 to make in a reusable Mason jar, and it’s a fantastic gift for friends, teachers, neighbors, etc. Just layer each ingredient and top with a lid and a decorative ribbon (I love raffia or twine for an rustic look). You can even omit the sugar and let the recipient add it or use raw honey or other natural sweetener.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
More Drinks You Might Like;
- Healthy homemade hot chocolate
- Super easy turmeric latte
- Paleo Mocha Frappe Coffee Drink
- Dandelion vanilla chai latte
Did you try this Homemade Peppermint Hot Cocoa? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- Get a 1-quart Mason jar.
- Layer cocoa powder, sugar, salt, chocolate chips and Peppermint oil.
- Top with a lid and add a gift tag with these directions: Mix entire contents in a bowl. For each serving, place 1/3 cup of cocoa mix in a mug and stir in 1 cup of hot milk (cow, almond or coconut milk). Store remaining mix in Mason jar. Makes 12 servings.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / belchonock
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.