Paleo Mocha Frappe
Looking for a Paleo alternative to those blended coffee drinks in the local cafes? It’s really easy to make your own, plus you can avoid the sugars (or worse sugar substitutes), milk solids, artificial flavors, preservatives and other additives (such as xanthan gum, which is often added to keep the milk and coffee from separating).
This Paleo Mocha Frappe coffee drink recipe is simple and calls for real food ingredients, such as raw honey and organic coconut milk.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 1/2 cup your favorite coffee, chilled or room temperature (I like this organic, fair-trade coffee)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut milk (or try it with raw or organic full-fat milk if you can have dairy)
- 2 tbsp raw honey (or try it with organic maple syrup)
- 2 cups of ice
- 1 tbsp organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until the ice has pureed.
- Drink right away because the milk and coffee will separate.
- Serve in a tall glass and enjoy!
Photos credit: DepositPhotos.com / bangkokhappiness
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!