One day while I was making homemade soup, I decided to put a cheese crisp in it. My boys instantly loved it and decided to call these Cheese “Crackers”. They begged me to make more as a freestanding snack rather than a garnish for our soup.
And so my Grain-Free Cheese Crackers recipe was born.
It’s super simple to make. Really. You won’t believe it. And it’s best eaten right away – as I find that they can lose their crisp if not eaten within a couple of hours. But not to worry. Your family will be fighting over these so there won’t be any leftover.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other baking supplies like baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, etc. either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Organic vanilla extract, for instance, is about $5 at my local health food store and $5.30 on Amazon. But it’s only $3.95 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get 2 months free and 10% off your first order.
- Grass-fed cheddar cheese (parmesan or other hard or semi-hard cheese works too)
- Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Cut cheese slices about 2? wide x 3? long x 1/4? thick (about the thickness of a thin pancake).
- Arrange cheese slices with about an inch of space apart on parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until center of cheese slices are crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack (peel from parchment paper) for about 5 minutes.
- Enjoy these Grain-Free Cheese Crackers as a standalone treat or a topper in your favorite soup.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.disclosure.
Subscribe to the Don't Mess with Mama weekly email newsletter to get all this and much more!
- Latest DIY tutorials
- Natural health tips
- Real food recipes, including Paleo and gluten free
- Everyday ways you can live a more natural lifestyle
- Exclusive deals just for subscribers
And get a copy of my e-book, Real Food Guide: 5 Real Foods You Need in Your Diet.