Need a quick, healthy breakfast idea? Try this Crustless Artichoke and Cheese Quiche. It’s gluten free, grain free and vegetarian – and very flexible. Artichokes are a big favorite in my house, but you can easily substitute spinach or your favorite omelette fillings.
You could also make these into mini quiches with a muffin pan (I prefer to use silicone muffin liners to prevent sticking). Just reduce the cooking time by 5-10 minutes – test with a fork to make sure the middle is fully cooked. Muffin-sized quiches are perfect for packing in school or work lunches. These are a favorite with my kids.
Another idea is to make the mixture ahead of time and store in the refrigerator overnight. Then just pop it in the over first thing in the morning.
Gluten-Free Quiche with Artichokes & Cheese (Grain Free)
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup artichoke hearts marinated in oil, chopped
- 5 pasture-raised or organic eggs, beaten
- 2-3 cups raw or organic cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dash organic nutmeg
Equipment & Tools
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine everything in a bowl and mix until well blended.
- Then, spoon mixture into greased quiche pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Test with a toothpick to ensure quiche is fully cooked in the middle.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Pin It Here
This post was featured at Gooseberry Patch.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / rjgrant2
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.