Looking for a yummy treat for Valentine’s Day (or any time of the year)? Try this Strawberry Dark Chocolate Bark. Not only is it Paleo, but it’s also gluten-free and vegan too. Win!
This delicious Dark Chocolate Bark is made with real food ingredients – like almond butter, coconut butter, maple syrup, and shredded coconut. It’s a treat that you’ll feel good about giving to the kids… and the adults.
And what’s so great about this recipe is that you can adjust the sweetness by going down to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup if you don’t want it as sweet. I often cut down on the natural sweeteners in a recipe because I find the chocolate chips more than make up for the sweetness.
What is Chocolate Bark?
Chocolate bark is typically a sheet of chocolate that is often covered with nuts, dried fruits, candies or even additional pieces of chocolate. It has a lovely rustic quality to it and really feels homemade, it’s not laid out with a specific pattern to how the ingredients are placed, and it is broken into shards of various sizes to serve.
When you see a box full of chocolate shards, they actually look like tree bark. Chocolate bark can be made with any kind of chocolate. Usually, it consists of more than one type layered together.
Instead of a chocolate base, this Chocolate Bark recipe uses a base of coconut and almond butter, with strawberries. It really is delicious and just the right amount of sweetness.
A Great Homemade Gift Idea
I love making this Strawberry Chocolate Bark and gifting to teachers, neighbors, and friends. I’ve even made this bark and put into cellophane bags with a cute ribbon so the kids can gift homemade healthy treats for their friends at school for Valentine’s Day. That’s way better than the traditional candy that I know will be given out.
How to Make This Dark Chocolate Strawberry Bark – Step by Step
1. Gather your ingredients together. Place the fresh strawberry in the blender or a food processor and blend into a smooth puree.
2. Add the almond butter and coconut butter and the maple syrup and blend again.
3. The mixture will be pretty thick now.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or silicone liner. Pour the strawberry –almond-coconut mix onto the prepared cookie sheet and with a spatula. Spread it as thinly as possible.
5. Top with shredded coconut, crushed freeze dried strawberries and mini chocolate chips.
6. Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces and enjoy with a glass milk of choice. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the fridge or freezer.
- Chocolate chips
- Dried Fruit
- Try making patterns with melted chocolate
How Long Will Chocolate Bark Last?
Once the chocolate is set completely and broke into pieces, store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, ideally less than 70ºF. Properly tempered chocolate will keep for several weeks and doesn’t need to be refrigerated.
Top Tips for This Strawberry Dark Chocolate Bark
- You can keep this Strawberry Dark Chocolate Bark in the freezer to keep its shape and to make it last longer too.
- Make sure your almond and coconut butter is softened before blending.
- These are great for Valentine’s Day, but for a festive look, incorporate something green, like pistachios or pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) and something red, like dried cranberries. Other options include chopped dried ginger, which will add some golden sparkle, or even crushed candy canes.
- The recipe can be made with frozen strawberries too.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Homemade Gummy Fruit Snacks
- No-Bake Paleo Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Patties
- 20+ Keto and Paleo Candy Recipes
Delicious, easy and so impressive, this strawberry dark chocolate bark makes a great foodie gift!
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries quartered
- ½ cup of almond butter softened
- ½ cup of coconut butter softened
- 3 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 heaped tablespoon of mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of freeze-dried strawberries crushed
The mixture will be pretty thick now.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment or silicone liner. Pour the mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet and with a spatula, spread it as thinly as possible.
Top with shredded coconut, crushed freeze dried strawberries and mini chocolate chips.
Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm. Break into pieces and enjoy with a glass milk of choice. Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the fridge or freezer.
This Paleo Dark Chocolate Strawberry Bark can be made with frozen strawberries as well. Let it thaw and then drain the excess liquid
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.