Looking for a yummy treat for Valentine’s Day (or any time of the year)? Try this Paleo Dark Chocolate Strawberry Bark. Not only is it Paleo, but it’s also gluten-free and vegan too. Win! It’s made with real food ingredients – like almond butter, coconut butter, maple syrup, and shredded coconut. It’s a treat that you’ll feel good about giving to the kids… and the adults.
And what’s so great about this recipe is that you can adjust the sweetness by going down to 2 tablespoons of maple syrup if you don’t want it as sweet. I often cut down on the natural sweeteners in a recipe because I find the chocolate chips more than make up for the sweetness. You can keep this Paleo Dark Chocolate Strawberry Bark in the freezer to keep its shape and to make it last longer too.
I love making this Paleo Dark Chocolate Strawberry Bark and gifting to teachers, neighbors, and friends. I’ve even made this bark and put into cellophane bags with a cute ribbon so the kids can gift homemade healthy treats for their friends at school for Valentine’s Day. That’s way better than the traditional candy that I know will be given out.
Looking for more wholesome snacks the family will love? Check out these favorites:
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries quartered
- ½ cup of almond butter softened
- ½ cup of coconut butter softened
- 3 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 2 heaped tablespoon of mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon of freeze-dried strawberries crushed
- pretty thick now.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or silicone liner.
- Pour the strawberry –almond-coconut mix onto the prepared cookie sheet and with a spatula,
- spread it as thinly as possible.
- Top with shredded coconut, crushed freeze dried strawberries and mini chocolate chips.
- Freeze for 15 to 20 minutes or until firm.
- Break into pieces and enjoy with a glass milk of choice.
- Store leftovers in an airtight glass container in the fridge or freezer.
This Paleo Dark Chocolate Strawberry Bark can be made with frozen strawberries as well. Let it thaw and then drain the excess liquid
FREE DIY Beauty Book
Get glowing skin and learn how to make your own DIY beauty products with simple ingredients from your kitchen. Plus, get my 7-day essential oils course to get gorgeous skin from the inside out.