Nothing beats the scent of fall and thanks to this Instant Pot Fall Potpourri your home will be filled with the warming aroma of sugar and spice and all things nice using only natural ingredients.
Although there are many store-bought air fresheners and scented candles, these can often fill our homes with toxic chemicals which can be damaging to your family’s health. By making your own Instant Pot Potpourri you control the contents which means not only are the ingredients 100% natural but that you can experiment with different blends for a scent unique to your home.
What is Instant Pot Potpourri?
Also known as a simmering pot, Instant Pot Potpourri is a safe, natural alternative to burning candles, or spraying air fresheners. It is made by adding dried herbs, fruit or essential oils to a jar. These ingredients are then added to water in your Instant Pot creating an amazing aroma around your home as it simmers away. No Instant Pot? No problem, this recipe can also be made on the stovetop and slow cooker.
Giving Instant Pot Fall Potpourri as a Gift
Everyone loves a homemade gift and a homemade gift that fills your home with the comforting aroma of fall will definitely go down a treat. Simply add a ribbon to the Instant pot fall potpourri jar, and add a gift tag with the instructions.
Then share with family and friends or your host this Thanksgiving. Best of all, you can tailor the scent to your recipient making the gift extra special.
How to Prepare Pot Fall Potpourri Step-by-Step
Regardless of your cooking method, the Instant Pot Fall Potpourri starts off with the following steps:
1. Gather your ingredients together along with two 32 oz Mason jars.
2. Slice the apples and the oranges in 1/4-inch slices.
3. Add 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg, 1 apple and 1 orange, 4 cinnamon sticks, and 1 tbsp of cloves to each 32 oz jar evenly dispersed.
4. Add 2 cups of water and 2 tbsp vanilla to each 32 oz jar and put on lid. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
How to Heat Up Your Fall Potpourri – Instant Pot Method
Add contents of the jar into the Instant Pot and set to sauté. Once boiling, set Instant Pot to warm and leave the lid off to enjoy the fall smells. Add water as needed.
How to Heat Up Your Fall Potpourri – Slow Cooker Method
- Add contents of the jar into slow cooker and set to high heat.
- Once boiling, leave the lid off and enjoy the fall smells.
How to Heat Up Your Fall Potpourri – Stovetop Method
- Add all contents of the jar to a pot on the stove. Bring to a boil.
- Once at a boil, reduce to a simmer and add more water as needed
Fall Potpourri Variations
This homemade potpourri is that it is so easy to customize and not just suitable for fall. For the festive season use cinnamon sticks, orange slices, rosemary, cloves, allspice, and cranberries to fill your home with the magical scent of Christmas. For Spring or Summer, add lime, mint, ginger, and thyme for a refreshing Instant Pot potpourri.
Try a Diffuser with Essential Oils
Looking for another way to enjoy fall potpourri scents in your home? In addition to this cooking method, you could use a diffuser and essential oils. It’s really easy to do, and you can use it every day and even switch up the scents.
Top Tips for The Best Instant Pot Fall Potpourri
- Make sure to leave the lid off to fill your home with the amazing scent.
- Check your Instant Pot Fall Potpourri every hour or so to adjust water level accordingly.
- The potpourri will last around four days. Following this, refresh with fruit and spices.
More Fall Recipes You Might Like
- 10 Fall Essential Oil Diffuser Recipes + FREE Printable
- Natural Pumpkin Preserve Spray
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
Instant Pot Fall Potpourri
- Instant Pot
- 32 oz Mason jars
- Slice the apples and the oranges in 1/4-inch slices
- Add 1/2 tbsp of nutmeg, 1 apple and 1 orange, 4 cinnamon sticks and 1 tbsp of cloves to a 32 oz jar evenly dispersed. Repeat with remaining ingredients in the other 32 oz jar.
- When you're ready to heat it up, add contents of jar into the Instant Pot and set to sauté.
- Once boiling, set Instant Pot to warm and enjoy the fall smells. Leave the lid off. Add water asneeded.
FREE Instant Pot Cookbook
Get a free copy of my e-book Instant Pot Meals in 45 Minutes or Less. You'll also get weekly emails from me with more Instant Pot recipes, natural cleaning tips + everyday ways to live a more natural lifestyle.