Get a healthy serving of both fruit and vegetables with this delicious gluten-free muffin recipe. The whole family will love these Gluten-Free Carrot Apple Muffins.
Start your mornings off with this Gluten-Free Carrot Apple Muffin recipe, also known as sunshine muffins. These gluten-free muffins are simply scrumptious and taste just like carrot cake. And the kids love it – without really knowing they’re getting a healthy serving of fruit and vegetables in just one muffin.
And the best part is that this recipe is made with real food ingredients and no refined sugar. You can make your own gluten-free flour recipe or you can buy online.
How to Make These Gluten-Free Carrot Apple Muffins
These gluten-free muffins are really easy to make and easy to customize. I’ve made them with 2 cups of gluten-free flour (omitting the oats) and it tastes fantastic. I’ve also omitted the coconut flakes and walnuts, and it still tastes great. Pecans also make a great substitution for the walnuts. I get my kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store.
Top Tip for Making This Gluten Free Muffin Recipe
I like to make a double batch on the weekend so we can enjoy them as an on-the-go breakfast during the week when we’re short on time for school. This Gluten-Free Carrot Apple Sunshine Muffin recipe also freeze well to enjoy later. That’s why I call these sunshine muffins… you can make them ahead of time and enjoy them in the mornings as a healthy, gluten-free muffin for breakfast or on the go to afterschool activities.
So grab yourself a tall glass of milk or hot tea to enjoy with these gluten-free muffins.
More Gluten-Free Recipes
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gluten-Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Gluten-Free Carrot Apple Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or raw honey
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all of the wet ingredients with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add dry ingredients until mixed well.
- Pour into greased muffin pan or cupcake liners about 3/4 full.
- Cook for about 15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.