Essential oils have changed my life – and believe me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How on earth could a sniff of this or a rub of that help to improve my family’s health or wellbeing?
But before I explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are!
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs! They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
How Can Essential Oils Help Promote the Health and Well-Being of You and Your Family?
I’m no scientist (and you probably aren’t either), so I’ll explain how essential oils have helped my loved ones and me…
I’ve got a lot on my plate: homeschooling three kids, working, cooking real food, etc. – which you’ll already know if you’re a regular reader of my blog. Lavender and Joy are my go-to oils for balance: they relaxes me, calm me down, and make everything possible.
I also love to make tons of homemade recipes with my essential oils! From DIY skin care to deodorant to body lotion, I have replaced many toxic beauty products with natural and easy homemade recipes.
Stress Away and Copaiba diffused together in the morning is my favorite diffuser combo. It helps to give me and my kids a fresh start to each homeschooling day and helps to energize us.
Those are just a few examples, but essential oils have also replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Can You Just Use Any Essential Oils?
In my opinion, no. I’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask me, there’s one particular brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest: Young Living.
Introducing Young Living Essential Oils!
There are many reasons why this brand is so great, but here are my three favorites:
1: The Source Matters
One of the most important things I’ve learned in my journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, I know that the source matters.
I did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that I felt I could trust with my family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality.
To ensure the purity of their oils, the team at Young Living set the highest standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op (and yes – I have been personally to the Highland Flats Farm in Idaho and seen this for myself!). And if I’m going to be putting products on my family’s skin and around our home, I want to know they’re pure and unadulterated!
2: You Become Part of a Big, Friendly Community
As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big, oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.
I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
3: The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the Best Introduction to Essential Oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you’ll want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
Ready to Buy Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit?
Here’s what you get:
- Ten 5 ml bottles of essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Thieves, Purification, Copaiba, RC and DiGize. Plus a bonus bottle of the popular Stress Away blend. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how I use these essential oils every day.
- A home diffuser with optional light, optional 30-second intervals, and auto-shut-off. Or choose the dew drop diffuser (for no additional cost), the bamboo diffuser for $10 more or the gorgeous Aria diffuser (with remote control and music) for $100 more.
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll-on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2 oz samples (an antioxidant drink concentrate that’s a great supplement for supporting health and wellbeing)
- Mini bottles and cards to share oil samples with friends and family
Total value: $300
You pay: $160 – that’s 50% off!
And remember: once you’ve purchased the kit, you automatically become a wholesale member – which entitles you to 24% off all future purchases from Young Living! There are NO monthly minimums or fees.
Step-by-step: purchase your Premium Starter Kit
- Click on the link below to sign up.
- Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member” – which will allow you to purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
Remember: you’re NOT obligated to make any further purchases after this. Wholesale membership simply allows you to buy the Premium Starter Kit at a huge discount.
- Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in future. This information will never be shared with anyone.)
- Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log in to your account and order any future oils.
- Select your order: the “Premium”, “Basic “Plus” or “Basic” Starter Kit. I highly recommend the Premium: it comes with everything you need to get started, and it’s the best value of the three.
- Optional: sign up for the frequent buyers’ club called Essential Rewards (ER). When you join, you’ll start accumulating rewards points for everything you buy, which can be used to get free products on future orders. There’s no need to join right away – you can purchase your Starter Pack first and join the ER club later if you prefer.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- CONFIRM YOUR ORDER! I’ve had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out – and I don’t want you missing out on your oils!
How to Use the Essential Oils in Your Premium Starter Pack
Each of the oils in your Premium Starter Pack has SO many fabulous uses, but here are some of the ways in which I like to use them:
- Calming and balancing – we all know that ahhh feeling we get from Lavender!
- Supports a healthy nervous system and healthy skin
- I make my own Lavender bath salts
- Supports a healthy and balanced digestive system
- Wakes you up! Great to use before a workout!
- I love it in my homemade lip balm
- Stained clothes? Rub the oil all over the stain, then immediately put the item in the washing machine. Works like no other stain remover – even on dried-out stains!
- Works great as a natural ‘goo’ gone on those pesky sticker labels
- Love to add a drop to my water to support a healthy liver
- I make my own DIY sugar scrub with Lemon
- Prized for rejuvenating and supporting healthy aging skin
- Beautifully spiritual to diffuse while praying or meditating
- Immune boosting!
- I love it in my DIY facial serum
PanAway (an oil blend containing wintergreen, helichrysum, clove and peppermint)
- Supports a healthy muscular-skeletal system
- My son loves this one for when he wakes up in the night due to growing discomfort
- Awesome immunity booster – I love to rub it on my feet with a little coconut oil
- Excellent essential oil for use in homemade cleaning recipes
- Diffuse and the whole house will smell like cookies
Purification (an oil blend containing citronella, lemongrass, lavandin, rosemary, tea tree and myrtle):
- Add a few drops to shoes to help neutralize odors.
- I add a few drops to a spray bottle with water to keep those pesky bugs away
- Add a few drops to some baking soda as a carpet deodorizer
- I also make my own deodorant with this blend
DiGize (an oil blend containing tarragon, juniper, anise, ginger, fennel, patchouli, peppermint and lemongrass)
- This blend contains a blend of sweetly aromatic essential oils that are pleasant to smell and taste.
- The inclusion of Peppermint essential oil may make it a great support for normal digestion.
- Add 1-2 drops to water or a veggie capsule to support your digestive system.
RC (an oil blend containing three unique varieties of eucalyptus, myrtle, marjoram, pine, cypress, lavender, black spruce and peppermint)
- Diffuse or add RC to a bowl of hot, steaming water. Place a towel over your head and inhale the soothing steam.
- Dilute and apply to chest, neck and throat areas as needed.
- This essential oil has a pleasant, complex taste, and when taken internally, it can promote overall wellness.
- Take Copaiba daily as an important part of a daily health regimen.
- Add 1-2 drops of Copaiba in a veggie capsule or add to an herbal tea to promote overall wellness.
Stress Away (an oil blend containing copaiba, lime, cedarwood, vanilla, ocotea and lavender)
- This is the oil you take with you to the supermarket with three cranky kiddos
- Apply it generously to your wrists or the back of your neck, use it in a diffuser, or add two drops to water as needed.
My Gift to You!
Also, anyone who enrolls with a Premium Starter Kit will get some amazing reference materials as my gift along with some other homemade welcome goodies, including a silver pendant diffuser necklace, homemade gift, and my full length e-book – Gluten Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids – in digital format to read on a Kindle, laptop, desktop, iPad or any e-reader.
*These gifts are only eligible for US residents. If you are outside of the US and order the premium kit you will get a $10 Young Living product credit plus my e-book email to you in lieu of these gifts.
** If you do not finalize your enrollment with a premium starter kit in the same month you start the enrollment process, you will not be eligible for a goodie bag.
Congratulations on starting your oily adventure! I’ll be sending you a welcome email soon, which contains tons of resources and information about getting started.
Tracey (aka Don’t Mess with Mama)
p.s. I’m also a San Diego Young Living Essential Oils independent distributor with local classes, support and resources. If you live in the Southern California region, I teach San Diego essential oil classes – including Carlsbad, Orange County and other areas. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find classes near you.
Main image credit: DepositPhotos.com / OlezzoSimona
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.