I just made a batch of my delicious Paleo Peanut Butter Cups. They were all gone in a matter of hours because everyone in my family loves them – including my kids and my husband.
But then I started thinking about how I could modify the recipe to make something with chocolate and peppermint – kind of like a copycat recipe for Peppermint Patties, a Halloween favorite in my house. I experimented a bit with a coconut-based creamy center for these chocolate snacks, and I got it!
This Paleo Chocolate Peppermint Patties Recipe will satisfy your sweet tooth (without being overly sweet) and the coconut-peppermint center… YUM! So delicious and the perfect complement with the chocolate shell. Best of all, there’s no refined sugar, artificial colors, preservatives or other junk. It’s all natural and sweetened with raw honey.
These gluten-free, grain-free and Paleo snacks are perfect after dinner or a mid-day snack without the guilt.
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil (if solid, warm up so it’s soft)
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 4-6 drops Peppermint essential oils (where to buy)
- 1 cup mini gluten-free chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a medium-sized bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler until it turns into a thick liquid.
- Line a mini muffin pan with 15 cupcake or silicone liners.
- Fill each cupcake liner with about 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate to coat the bottom. Put cupcake pan in the freezer for about 5 minutes to let the chocolate solidify.
- Remove from freezer then scoop about 1 tablespoon of the coconut/peppermint mixture into each liner. Put the muffin pan in the freezer for 5 minutes to let it solidify.
- Remove from freezer and top with the remaining melted chocolate.
- Return to the freezer for about 10-15 minutes to let it solidify.
- When ready to serve, take out of the refrigerator and remove the cupcake liner. You’ll have that gorgeous indentation mark from the liner.
- Keep in the refrigerator or freezer when not serving since the chocolate may melt again – especially if it’s hot.
Learn More About Essential Oils
- Sign up for my FREE 14-day essential oil email newsletter to learn the basics.
- Join my Don’t Mess with Mama Essential Oils Facebook group to connect with others and share tips and recipes for DIY, beauty, cleaning and much more.
- Find out how to buy essential oils at wholesale, 24% off retail prices, and get a free sign-up goodie bag.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.