Want to learn more about essential oils? Keep reading. Ready to get started now? Click here.
Essential oils have changed my life – and believe me, I was a skeptic when I was first introduced to them. How on earth could a sniff of this or a rub of that help to improve my family’s health or wellbeing?
But before I explain why essential oils are so great, you might be wondering what they actually are!
What Are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are the oil of the plant from which they were extracted. They’re basically concentrated herbs! They contain all the goodness that protects and maintains the plant, and we can use them to help support our own bodies’ health and wellness.
There are many different kinds of oils out there, and they all have different properties and uses. From well-known plants like Bergamot and Eucalyptus to unusual and exotic ones like Petitgrain and Spikenard, there’s an unfathomably huge range to choose from – and they each provide all sorts of different benefits and uses.
How Can Essential Oils Help Promote the Health and Well-Being of You and Your Family?
I’m no scientist (and you probably aren’t either), so I’ll explain how essential oils have helped my loved ones and me…
I’ve got a lot on my plate: homeschooling three kids, working, cooking real food, etc. – which you’ll already know if you’re a regular reader of my blog. Lavender and Joy are my go-to oils for balance: they relaxes me, calm me down, and make everything possible.
I also love to make tons of homemade recipes with my essential oils! From DIY skin care to deodorant to body lotion, I have replaced many toxic beauty products with natural and easy homemade recipes.
Stress Away and Copaiba diffused together in the morning is my favorite diffuser combo. It helps to give me and my kids a fresh start to each homeschooling day and helps to energize us.
Those are just a few examples, but essential oils have also replaced many everyday products that I used to spend a fortune on. I now clean my home with oil-infused natural cleaners rather than toxic chemicals from the supermarket, for example. I cleanse my face with oil-infused natural products too. And everyone in the family benefits from using calming essential oils in the diffuser before bedtime!
Can You Just Use Any Essential Oils?
In my opinion, no. I’ve done a lot of research into this and if you ask me, there’s one particular brand that stands head and shoulders above the rest: Young Living.
Introducing Young Living Essential Oils!
There are many reasons why this brand is so great, but here are my three favorites:
1: The Source Matters
One of the most important things I’ve learned in my journey to healthy living is that it’s not just what something is – it’s where it comes from, how it’s grown, and how it’s processed. Whether it’s blueberries fresh from the farm, or cows on green pasture, or a soft organic t-shirt, I know that the source matters.
I did many hours of research to find an essential oil company that I felt I could trust with my family’s health. Young Living is that company: they truly care about quality.
To ensure the purity of their oils, the team at Young Living set the highest standards for planting, harvesting, and distilling on the farms they own and co-op (and yes – I have been personally to the Highland Flats Farm in Idaho and seen this for myself!).
2: You Become Part of a Big, Friendly Community
As a Young Living customer, you automatically become a member of a big, oily family that will give you all the support and advice you need! It’s a wonderful feeling to know you have the help and reassurance of a generous and caring community of moms, experts, and lifelong users.
I’ve been using my oils for a long time, but I still reach out to the our close-knit community for their advice and expertise!
3: The Young Living Premium Starter Kit is the Best Introduction to Essential Oils (and it’s such great value, too!)
No other essential oils company offers such a great-value and comprehensive range of products to get you started.
The Young Living Premium Starter Kit contains your everyday staples – all the oils and equipment you’ll want to have on hand for a variety of situations. There’s an excellent user guide, too, which will help you understand how to use everything contained in the kit.
Here’s what else is great: once you buy the Premium Starter Kit, you automatically become a “wholesale member” of Young Living. This means you can continue to buy other Young Living products for a huge 24% discount off the retail price! You’re under zero obligation to buy any other products as a wholesale member, but if you do, you get 24% off!
Ready to Buy Your Young Living Premium Starter Kit?
Here’s what you get:
- Ten 5 ml bottles of essential oils: Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Frankincense, PanAway, Thieves, Purification, Copaiba, RC and DiGize. Plus a bonus bottle of the popular Stress Away blend. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how I use these essential oils every day.
- A home diffuser with optional light, optional 30-second intervals, and auto-shut-off. Or choose the dew drop diffuser (for no additional cost), the bamboo diffuser for $10 more or the gorgeous Aria diffuser (with remote control and music) for $100 more.
- Aroma Glide roller fitment (to turn any oil into a roll-on)
- Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends)
- Two NingXia Red 2 oz samples (an antioxidant drink concentrate that’s a great supplement for supporting health and wellbeing)
- Mini bottles and cards to share oil samples with friends and family
Total value: $300
You pay: $160 – that’s a HUGE discount!
And remember: once you’ve purchased the kit, you automatically become a wholesale member – which entitles you to 24% off all future purchases from Young Living! There are NO monthly minimums or fees.
Watch me unbox the Premium Starter Kit to see what’s inside:
Step-by-step: purchase your Premium Starter Kit
- Click on the link below to sign up.
- Select “Sign up as: Young Living Wholesale Member” – which will allow you to purchase the Premium Starter Kit.
Remember: you’re NOT obligated to make any further purchases after this. Wholesale membership simply allows you to buy the Premium Starter Kit at a huge discount.
- Fill out your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact information. (You’ll be asked for your social security number in case you want to become a distributor of Young Living products in future. This information will never be shared with anyone.)
- Create your password and PIN – which you’ll use to log in to your account and order any future oils.
- Select your order: the “Premium”, “Basic “Plus” or “Basic” Starter Kit. I highly recommend the Premium: it comes with everything you need to get started, and it’s the best value of the three.
- Optional: sign up for the frequent buyers’ club called Essential Rewards (ER). When you join, you’ll start accumulating rewards points for everything you buy, which can be used to get free products on future orders. There’s no need to join right away – you can purchase your Starter Pack first and join the ER club later if you prefer.
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions.
- CONFIRM YOUR ORDER! I’ve had many folks miss this step and end up not fully checking out – and I don’t want you missing out on your oils!
Get FIVE bottles of essential oils plus Ortho Sport massage oil if you spend 300 PV (this includes the Premium Starter Kit) and enroll in Essential Rewards. It’s really easy to do.
Here’s how the monthly promo works:
SPEND 190 PV
Reward Retail Value: $53.93
• 5-ml Nutmeg essential oil
• 15-ml Orange essential oil
• Bonus ER exclusive: 15-ml Christmas Spirit essential oil blend
SPEND 250 PV
Reward Retail Value: Over $73.95
• All of the above PLUS
• 8-oz. Ortho Sport massage oil
SPEND 300 PV
Reward Retail Value: $257.56
• All of the above PLUS
• 15-ml Frankincense essential oil
• 5-ml Sacred Frankincense essential oil
You read that right! Spend 300 PV and get 4 bottles of essential oils plus Ortho Sport massage oil. AND if you enroll in Essential Rewards at the same time you’ll get Christmas Spirit too – which comes to a total of 5 BOTTLES of oil plus Ortho Sport. If you have questions about this promo or how to enroll, just email me at email@example.com.
My Gift to You!
Anyone who enrolls with a Premium Starter Kit will get these gifts for FREE:
- $25 Amazon gift card OR $25 product credit with Young Living for a future purchase
- Reference materials
- My full length e-book – Gluten Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids – in digital format to read on a Kindle, laptop, desktop, iPad or any e-reader
BONUS: If you also enroll in Essential Rewards with an enrolling order of $200 PV or more, then you will also receive a diffuser necklace AND handy full-length reference book for FREE. Not sure how to do this? Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll show you how. You must email me to to claim this bonus prize.
*These gifts are only eligible for US residents. If you are outside of the US and order the premium kit you will get a $25 Amazon gift card or $25 Young Living product credit plus my e-book emailed to you (I cannot ship reference materials or other supplies).
** If you do not finalize your enrollment with a premium starter kit in the same month you start the enrollment process, you will not be eligible for a goodie bag.
Congratulations on starting your oily adventure! I’ll be sending you a welcome email soon, which contains tons of resources and information about getting started.
Benefits of Joining with Me
Community – Be part of a like-minded community to share testimonials, participate in giveaways, and build lifelong friendships with others. When you join, you’ll be a part of this members-only community.
Support – You will get amazing support from both me and my essential oils leadership team – including calls, Skype or Facetime, text, email, or in-person. We connect with you how you want to communicate. And we have leaders all over the US and the world to help you no matter where you live.
Education – No matter what your experience is with essential oils, we’re here to help. We have educational calls and video chats, reference materials, a lively online community, videos and much more. Our mission is to help you learn how to use your essential oils for vibrant wellness.
Training – It is completely optional to pursue Young Living as a business (and you’ll never get pressure from me), but if it’s something you do decide to do we have all the resources and training you need for a thriving essential oils business. Training includes extensive educational materials, weekly calls and video chats, online leadership communities, leader challenges, giveaways and much more! We can help you to host your own class – everything from printed materials to class scripts. Email me at email@example.com if you’re interested in pursing the business right away.
(aka Don’t Mess with Mama and Young Living Platinum)
p.s. I’m also a San Diego Young Living Essential Oils independent distributor with local classes, support and resources. If you live in the Southern California region, I teach San Diego essential oil classes – including Carlsbad, Orange County and other areas. Just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to find classes near you.
I also have local Hawaii essential oils classes as well as classes by associate members all over the US and International. Email meat email@example.com for more details.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Please see all my disclosures and disclaimers, including Amazon and other affiliate partners.
DISCLAIMER: The content on the blog Don’t Mess with Mama is for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as medical advice. I am not a medical professional and the information contained on this blog should not be used to diagnose, treat or prevent any disease or health illness. Please consult with a qualified health care professional before acting on any information presented here. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods or supplements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.