As I’ve gotten older, I’ve noticed the tell-tale signs of getting older… dull and uneven skin tone. So I came up with this DIY Facial Serum to help nourish and moisturize my skin naturally.
But here’s the thing… I admit I used to spend upwards of $100 at the department store for skin care products for my skin. And you know what? I never saw results. My skin always looked the same – the telltale signs of sun exposure and the result of having three kids.
So that’s why I wanted to make my own DIY facial serum. I wanted to find a way to actually SEE the results on my skin – without breaking the bank. This serum is very inexpensive to make. I spent maybe about $8-10 a month to make this serum – compare that to the $100 or more I used to spend.
And after a month of use – both day and night – I could see the difference. Now I’m about two years into using this DIY facial serum and my skin has never looked better.
DIY Facial Serum Recipe
About the Ingredients
- Argan oil is my carrier oil of choice in this recipe. Argan oil is a rare hand-pressed oil from the fruit kernels of the Moroccan Argan tree. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, carotenes and fatty acids. It absorbs quickly without an oily feel – yet it’s very hydrating and helps to balance skin. Argan oil is great for ALL skin types. Sweet almond oil is a close second for me followed by rose hip and jojoba oil.
- Frankincense essential oil has been used for thousands of years and excellent for healthy-looking skin.
- Myrrh essential oil is like a cousin to Frankincense. It has also been used for thousands of years – dating back to Biblical times. Many skin-care products contain Myrrh.
- Lavender essential oil is excellent for the skin – especially if you spend a lot of time in the sun.
- Rose, Geranium and Helichrysum essential oils are particularly great for mature skin. I use them in my serum and can definitely see the difference.
- Carrot seed oil can be added to this blend to provide natural sun protection.
- 5 drops Frankincense essential oil (where to buy)
- 5 drops Myrrh essential oil (where to buy)
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- 1-2 drops Rose essential oil (you could also try Geranium – what I like to call the poor woman’s Rose – where to buy)
- 2 drops Helichrysum essential oil (optional – where to buy)
- Carrier oil (such as argan oil, almond oil, jojoba oil or rosehip oil)
- In a 5 ml roller bottle, add all essential oils.
- Fill the bottle with a carrier oil of your choice.
- Use this DIY Facial Serum morning and night around the eyes, mouth and other trouble areas on the face.
This post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!