It’s been one of those days. It was a long day of activities with the kids – filled with playdates, birthday parties, trekking across town and just overall hurried and a bit crazy.
So it’s no surprise that my kids are ragged at the end of the day. One kid gets whiny. Another kid is clingy. And the third is just plain done for the day.
Calgon, take me away. That’s what I always tell my husband when I’m done for the day. I’m sure you’ve been there too – whether it’s frustration or just too tired to calm down.
I used to just get frustrated and have everyone turn in for an early night. But now I’ve found a great way to help them wind down naturally. I made my own calming essential oils blend that’s perfect for using kids at night or before bedtime to settle down peacefully and promote a restful sleep (as well as a good morning the following day).
Calming Essential Oils Blend
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil (where to buy)
- 5 drops Cedarwood essential oil (where to buy)
- 5 drops Vetiver essential oil (where to buy)
- Sweet almond oil (or other carrier oil)
- Empty 5 ml bottle (check out my tutorial on how to clean and reuse essential oil bottles)
- Add all essential oils to an empty 5 ml bottle.
- Fill the bottle with a carrier oil.
- Place the plastic dropper back on the bottle and then screw on the cap.
- Shake well. Now it’s ready for use.
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / svetamartThis post contains affiliate links. Read my full disclosure.
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!