Looking for an easy gluten-free breakfast that’s packed full of vegetables? These Gluten Free Zucchini Fritters will not disappoint. They are fabulous.
My kids especially enjoy eating them because they feel like they’re eating hash browns, but they’re getting so many more nutrients. I make extra (slightly undercooked) and store them in the freezer. Then I just pop them in a toaster oven during the week when I don’t have time to make these from scratch. You could even cook them in the toaster
I recommend shaping these fritters small and thin in the pan – about the size of silver dollar pancakes. They will develop a crunch on the edges.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other kitchen pantry supplies like sea salt, black pepper, spices, coconut oil, and other essentials either on Amazon or my local health food store usually. But then I got a Thrive membership. If you don’t already have one – it’s awesome! It’s like Whole Foods meets Costco. Bob’s Red Mill baking soda, for instance, is about $3 at my local health food store and $6 on Amazon. But it’s only $2.03 (YES!) on Thrive Market. Great deal right? And the raw honey?! Don’t even get me started how much that costs at the health food store. But on Thrive Market it’s just $5.45 for a 10.5 oz jar of raw honey.
Sign up for a Thrive Market membership and get an extra 20% off your first 3 orders!
- 2 medium organic zucchini, shredded (should make about 2 cups)
- 1 medium Yukon gold potato (or your favorite potato), shredded
- 1/2 organic onion, shredded (option to use 2-3 stalks of green onion, sliced thin and long)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup organic Parmesan, grated
- 2 pasture-raised or organic eggs
- 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil (try expeller-expressed or lard for extra flavor)
- Celtic sea salt
- Fresh-ground pepper
- Heat oil in large cast iron or stainless steel pan on medium heat.
- Squeeze all the water out of the shredded zucchini, potato and onion with a cloth or paper towel. Make sure to squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, add salt and pepper to taste, and mix well a few times.
- Form fritters in a pancake shape about 3 inches wide (a little larger than a silver dollar) and heat in the pan.
- Cook until brown and crunchy on both sides. Set aside on a wire cooling rack.
Equipment & Tools
Pin It Here
Photo credit: DepositPhotos.com / a.liubko
Get a copy of my e-book 10 Beauty Hacks from Your Kitchen + my essential oils email course for FREE!
In my email course, you'll learn the basics of essential oils, how to use them, and easy DIY recipes you can make to save money!