Make your own slow cooker applesauce for just pennies compared to store-bought applesauce. It’s not only easy and delicious but there are no nasty ingredients involved in fact this applesauce is made with just 1 ingredient!
I don’t know how it is in your home, but my kids LOVE apples. I just can’t stock enough in the refrigerator. The problem is that my kids often don’t eat the whole thing. They’ll take a few bites here and there, and then they’re done. I just hate wasting food – especially organic apples.
So I cut around the bite marks and then cut up the remaining good apple in pieces to make my homemade one-ingredient applesauce. Plus, it’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and Paleo.
Slow Cooker Applesauce Is Great For Snacks And Baking
I make a big batch of this Slow Cooker Applesauce, and store in these reusable food pouches to pack for school lunches. I also keep some in the freezer to have on hand when I’m baking my Gluten-Free Apple Bread.
And it’s so easy to make this recipe. Just toss the apples in a crockpot, add water and voila! The easiest Slow Cooker Applesauce that both kids and adult will enjoy.
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
Did you try this recipe for the easiest slow cooker applesauce? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 10 medium-sized organic apples get a mix such as Fuji, Granny Smith, Gala, Honeycrisp, etc.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp organic cinnamon optional
- Cut apples into 2-inch chunks using a knife or apple slicer. Keep the peels on.
- Put all the apple chunks into a crockpot, add water, and set to low heat. Cook for 4-5 hours.
- When apples are soft, let cool down.
- Add apple chunks in a Vitamix and cinnamon.
- Blend until pureed, and then store in the refrigerator to cool down.
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.