Looking for bread recipes without grain or gluten? Try this delicious Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread made with almond flour. It’s lightly sweetened with either raw honey or coconut sugar, and so good simply toasted with butter.
We’ve been trying a lot of Paleo bread recipes lately but so many haven’t turned out well. I’ve found the key really comes down to finding the right mixture of flours.
I was inspired to make this recipe after reading The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking. There are many grain-free bread recipes that can be easily modified to to be Paleo friendly.
What is Raisin Bread?
Raisin bread is not a savory bread that you would use to make sandwiches. It’s a soft, moist cake-like bread (think banana bread) that’s sweet and makes a delicious snack or breakfast.
There are all different types of raisin bread recipes out there but this one is healthy and made with whole foods. It’s absolutely delicious and so easy to make, something you’ve got to try.
How to Make This Gluten-Free Raisin Bread
This recipe is really easy to make. Just follow the directions and follow the baking times. Almond flour burns a bit easier so be sure to check the raisin bread at about 25 minutes to make sure it’s baking well.
How to Enjoy This Gluten-Free Raisin Bread
Enjoy it freshly sliced with some butter. Or toast for a bit and spread on the butter. Try it with a bit of fig jam to bring out the raisin flavor.
How to Make This Raisin Bread Vegan
- Swap the raw honey for coconut sugar.
- Swap the milk for almond milk.
- Swap butter for plant-based butter.
Top Tips for Making Bread
- Always use a pre-heated oven.
- Avoid over mixing the dough as it can cause the bread to be tense.
- For leftovers, store in an airtight container on your counter or in the fridge.
More Recipes You Might Like
- Gluten Free Apple Bread Recipe
- Gluten Free Banana Bread Recipe
- How to Make All-Purpose Gluten Free Flour
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C degrees. Grease a standard loaf pan with a little butter .
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients (milk, butter and eggs) in a large bowl using an electric mixer on a medium setting. Slowly add the dry ingredients and keep mixing for a few minutes.
- When done mixing, pour into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until done (test with a toothpick).
- Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack for another 10-15 minutes before serving.
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / StMAK
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.