A delicious grain-free cinnamon raisin bread. Many grain-free bread recipes call for Stevia, but I found coconut sugar & raw honey work great as an alternative, natural sweeteners. Give this recipe a try.
We’ve been trying a lot of Paleo bread recipes lately but so many haven’t turned out well. I’ve found the key really comes down to finding the right mixture of flours.
I was inspired to make this recipe after reading The Joy of Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Baking. There are many grain-free bread recipes that can be easily modified to to be Paleo friendly.
What Is Raisin Bread?
Raisin bread is not a savory bread that you would use to make sandwiches. It’s a soft, moist cake-like bread (think banana bread) that’s sweet and makes a delicious snack or breakfast.
There are all different types of raisin bread recipes out there but this one is healthy and made with whole foods. It’s absolutely delicious and so easy to make, something you’ve got to try!
Top Tip – A Great Way To Serve It
This Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Raisin Bread recipe came out delicious. I toasted it and topped it with butter… and it was scrumptious. Try it with a bit of fig jam to bring out the raisin flavor.
You can make this recipe vegan as well (I’ve noted options below).
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
Did you try this grain-free cinnamon raisin bread? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to
A delicious grain-free cinnamon raisin bread. Many grain-free bread recipes call for Stevia, but I found coconut sugar & raw honey work great as an alternative, natural sweeteners.
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 4 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup raw or organic honey or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup your favorite milk raw cow’s milk or unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/4 cup raw or organic butter melted (or coconut butter)
- 3/4 cup organic raisins
- 4 eggs or egg replacer such as Ener-G
- 2 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C degrees. Grease a standard loaf pan with a little butter .
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients (milk, butter and eggs) in a large bowl using an electric mixer on a medium setting. Slowly add the dry ingredients and keep mixing for a few minutes.
- When done mixing, pour into the loaf pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until done (test with a toothpick).
- Let cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack for another 10-15 minutes before serving.
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.