This Paleo Mashed Potatoes recipe is so easy to make and a favorite side dish for holiday meals. There’s even an alternative to make it with cauliflower.
Mashed potatoes are a favorite side dish in my home. It’s usually accompanied by my Slow-Cooker Whole Chicken or my kids’ favorite Gluten-Free Fried Fish – but it easily can steal the show of any main dish.
While we do enjoy the dairy version of this recipe (we use ¼ cup raw milk, ¼ cup bone broth and 2 tbsp of grass-fed butter), we make this Paleo version much more. The bone broth is incredibly nourishing and has gut-healing properties. It along with the lard or ghee, add a ton of flavor to this easy dish.
These Creamy Paleo Mashed Potatoes Are So Delicious!
Now before you tell me that white potatoes aren’t Paleo, there are many folks who can tolerate them just fine on a Paleo diet. My family enjoys it without any problems. I do often substitute white potatoes with cauliflower (just cook until soft in lard or ghee) and then prepare like the rest of this recipe (after the potatoes or boiled and drained).
Where to Get Kitchen Pantry Essentials
I get my other baking supplies like baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, etc. either on Amazon or my local health food store usually.
p.s. Looking for tips to transition to a real food or healthy gluten-free lifestyle? Check out my free Real Food Guide email course and e-book.
More Side Dishes You Might Like;
Did you try these Paleo Mashed Potatoes? Don’t forget to rate the recipe and comment below to let me know how it went. You can also FOLLOW ME on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest to see what other fun things I’m getting up to.
- 4 medium to large organic potatoes
- ½ cup bone broth or fresh stock
- 2 tbsp lard from pastured bacon or grass-fed ghee
- 2-3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste I prefer Himalayan Pink Salt for added nutritional benefit
- Scrub potatoes to remove dirt, then cut into 3-inch cubes, leaving skin on.
- In a large pot, boil organic potatoes until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain water, leaving potatoes in the pot.
- In a small pan, heat lard or ghee and garlic for 1-2 minutes on medium heat. Add mixture to potatoes.
- Add bone broth, salt and pepper to potatoes. Then use an immersion blender to mash potatoes. I prefer to keep mine chunky.
- Move to a serving dish and enjoy!
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.