These 30+ Low Carb and Paleo Asian Recipes are so delicious. Find your favorite Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, and Indian Paleo-friendly recipes.
Going Paleo doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite Asian dishes. These 30+ Primal, Paleo and Low Carb Asian Recipes are healthy alternatives for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai and Vietnamese classics, including sushi, pad Thai, Kung Pao chicken and even Chinese almond cookies.
Low Carb and Paleo Swaps
I found that rice or vegetable noodles (get this amazing vegetable spiralizer to make your own vegetable noodles) were perfect for swaps for wheat noodles. I also found Coconut Aminos – a soy sauce alternative that’s derived from coconuts and both soy free and gluten free – and Organicville Sky Valley Sriacha hot sauce – a gluten free and preservative free Asian hot sauce. Both sauces serve as a base for many of my own Asian meals as well as those below.
30+ Low Carb and Paleo Asian Recipes
- Keto Shiritaki Pad Thai Noodles by Gnom Gnom
- Asian Slaw by Real Food RN
- Asian Fried Zucchini Noodles by Oh, The Things We’ll Make
- Paleo Kung Pao Chicken by I Heart Umami
- Paleo Hot and Sour Soup by I Heart Umami
- Paleo Coconut Prawns by 40 Aprons
- Garlic and Ginger Glazed Baby Bok Choy by Gutsy by Nature
- Ginger Garlic Parsnip Noodles by Meatified
- Paleo Mongolian Beef by I Heart Umami
- Keto Scallion Pancakes by I Heart Umami
- Paleo Beef with Broccoli by Gutsy by Nature
- Sweet and Sour Chicken by My Gluten-Free Kitchen
- Paleo Asian Orange Chicken by Paleo Newbie
- Grain Free Chinese Almond Cookies by Tasty Yummies
- Chinese Sesame Chicken by I Heart Umami
- Hibachi-Style Garlic Lemon Shrimp by Don’t Mess with Mama
- Vegetable Nori Wraps with Sunflower Dipping Sauce by Gourmande in the Kitchen
- Keto Low Carb Sushi Roll by Wholesome Yum
- Low Carb Cauliflower Sushi by Ditch the Carbs
- Salmon Salad Hand Rolls by Primally Inspired
- Sesame Crusted Salmon by Primally Inspired
- Asian Cucumber Salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing by Primally Inspired
- Paleo Ahi Tuna Salad by Stupid Easy Paleo
- Slow Cooker Korean-Style Beef Short Rib by Nom Nom Paleo
- Bibimbap Korean Fried Rice by Whole New Mom
- Easy Kim Chee by I Heart Umami
- Green Papaya Salad by Stupid Easy Paleo
- Paleo Pad Thai by Our Paleo Life
- Thai Chicken Noodle Soup (Tom Kha) by Meatified
- Tom Kha Gai by Against All Grain
- Tom Kha Gai by Revived Kitchen
- Pork Larb with Sesame Cucumber Salad by Zen Belly
- Thai Chicken Larb by I Heart Umami
- Lightened Up Pad Thai with Cabbage Noodles by Iowa Girl Eats
Is Fish Sauce Approved on a Paleo Diet?
If fish sauce is made with just fish and salt (and possibly other natural ingredients for flavor), then it can be safely consumed on a Paleo diet. Some brands of fish sauce have sugar or chemicals like monosodium glutamate (MSG) added. Some highly processed products labeled “fish sauce” may also contain hydrolyzed wheat protein.
If you’re following a clean or Paleo diet, avoid these additives and preservatives and look for fish sauce brands that only contain truly natural and pure ingredients. Fish sauce contains a large amount of salt, however, so if you are watching your salt intake you will want to use it sparingly.
What Can Be Substituted for Oyster Sauce?
Most people use soy sauce as an oyster sauce substitute, as the former provides some color and flavor to the dish. You may also add half a teaspoon of sugar to gluten-free soy sauce or Tamari. Some people add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce to soy sauce, which is meant to replace oyster sauce. Just be sure you’re getting a gluten-free Worcestershire sauce.
Top Tips for These Paleo And Low Carb Asian Recipes
- Rice or vegetable noodles are a great swap for wheat noodles.
- A spiralizer is a great tool for making vegetable noodles.
- Coconut Aminos is a good Paleo substitute for traditional soy sauce.
- When using a wok, make sure it is very hot before cooking.
More Recipes You Might Like
- 25 Gluten-Free Instant Pot Recipes Kids Love
- 25 Gluten-Free Pizza Recipes (Paleo, Low Carb, Vegan Options)
- 20 Instant Pot Meals in 30 Minutes or Less
Want More Recipes?
Check out my new book, Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
I wrote this book with YOU in mind. Parents who want to provide kids with wholesome meals without artificial colors, preservatives and other additives.
All the recipes are gluten-free – with many options for grain free or Paleo, dairy free, egg free and vegetarian.
What’s Included In This Book
It’s filled with 130+ pages of content and recipes, including:
- Real food nutrition 101
- Detailed information on how to properly soak and sprout nuts, beans, grains and seeds
- A guide on how to spot chemical additives and what to avoid
- Kitchen essentials and cooking tools
- Tips on how to get kids to become better eaters and help in the kitchen
- 70+ gluten-free recipes – such as snacks and appetizers, beverages, condiments and dressings, main meals, desserts and more
Take a peek what’s inside Gluten-Free, Real Food Recipes for Kids.
Photo credit: Bigstockphotos.com / FomaA / fortyforks / Malinka Galina
FREE real food guide
Eat healthier in just 7 days with my real food guide and email course. You'll learn how easy it is to go gluten-free and still enjoy the foods that you love.
I just began a low-carb diet and am thrilled to have come across this list of low-carb Asian dishes. Asian food is my favorite and the thought of going without it is painful. I’m super excited to see some of my faves on this list as well as a bunch of new dishes to try. Thanks so much!